Chapter 25

"I'm sorry but we couldn't save the baby," The doctor had to repeat it a second time for his words to get processed into Rosalinda's brain. She was stunned and her vision went blurry for a good minute making her almost to stumble but the nurse held her firmly.

"What...my...grandchild..." Her voice came out low and her breathing became heavy for her to inhale oxygen in and the nurse slowly took her to a nearby metallic bench. She recalled how her daughter hanged on to hope because of that baby in her womb and refused to give up despite being sick.

She held her head with trembling hands. Her daughter was going to be miserable as the baby was also her chance at patching things up with Lionel. The doctor gave her a sad and compassionate look. "But your daughter and son-in-law are perfectly fine and only sustained a few bruises, that's all" The doctor added in order to calm Rosalinda's anxious behaviour. Rosalinda sobbed silently but then she remembered her brother's call and a new light of hope rained down in her thoughts. Her daughter could be pregnant again and she managed to smile faintly.

"Doctor, there are reporters outside the hospital and want to know about Mr Bluebird's health. Apparently his accident is all over the news now. The hospital is swarming with the press." A junior male nurse rushed into the floor they were currently in. The doctor was surprised as he hadn't even noticed one of his patients was a celebrity in the business world.

A cab drove into the hospital's premises and Mrs Bella rushed out from the backseat of the cab while Christopher payed the fare before running behind his wife. They had heard the news from their customers and even had to turn on the news channel to then gasp at their son's accident on the highway due to the heavy storm. They literally had to close up shop and reach here this late.

The thought of Mrs Bella not being able to see her son again dreaded her whole being. She hadn't told her husband about her conversation and Lionel's call last night. "Calm down Bella. He'll be fine.." Christopher tried to calm her down but Bella was no where from being calm. She felt totally guilty and a world of guilt trip flooded her memories. She had been very rude to her boy despite him reaching out to get after such a long time and hunged up on him. Now she wished she hadn't done that and hoped her God won't take her only son from her just yet.

They both spotted the hospital's entrance completely blocked and surrounded by numerous journalists from different channel stations in New York. "What are the press doing here?" Christopher asked in confusion while Bella was pushing her way through the crowd of journalists. She heard one of them enquiring news about her son and her ears stood. "Yes..my son. What happened to my son?" She turned to that reporter who was enquiring earlier. The reporter also turned to her with narrowed looks by what she said.

"Your son? Is Mr Bluebird your son ma'am?" Bella immediately nodded and saw Christopher coming into view. "And that's my husband and Lionel's dad. We are his parents and we want to see him right now." Bella added. Her revelation had caught all the attention from the journalists present there and they all rushed towards the old couple and began to bombard them with questions.

"Are you really Mr Bluebird's parents?" "If so then why hasn't Mr Bluebird said anything about you two?" "Are you two telling us the truth? We haven't heard anything from Mr Bluebird parents before." "Tell us did you two have a fight and made Me Bluebird say nothing about his parents? Please tell us."

Bella clutched tightly towards Christopher as the media were surrounding them and asking lots of questions. "Enough! We're not here for your entertainment nor to fill your papers with our personal life. We are here to see our son so let us through," Christopher warned before getting through with Bella until they reached the entrance. The security allowed them in and immediately shut the door preventing the reporters from barging in.