Chapter 7

"How are you Eden, it's been so long!" Janette said and pulled Eden into a tight hug. Eden was startled at first before slightly receiving her hug before pulling away from her almost instantly. "How long has it been since we last saw each other. Two years?" Janette asked throwing her long hair backwards. Eden refused to respond and sipped on her latte.

"You don't have to be rude about everything Eden. Let's leave the past behind us, shall we?" Janette said and Eden had to turn back to face her. "Well as you know there are lots of important stuff in my life and you're not among them," Eden repiled trying not to sound rude but it did come out as rude anyways. Janette was shocked in her Express as she gasped at Eden's words. They weren't coming from an unserious girl in college. Even Janette could tell her English had changed as well as her dressing style. She looked elegant in short.

"Wow! I wouldn't have guessed Lionel dumping you would have changed you completely. You're so different and even dress different as well. But there's no use in changing yourself, Lionel won't want you anyways." Janette commented in a mock tone. Eden rolled her eyes and finished her latte before getting up from her seat staring directly at her with a small smile.

"Lionel is my past and I don't need him to become an independent woman. I am my own identity and yes, I've definitely changed myself in these last three years for your information. It's three and not two years ago we met at the event. And I've known you were always jealous of me because you couldn't have Lionel." Eden's last words caught Janette off guard. "What are you trying to say Eden! Watch your words carefully." Janette spoke offended.

Eden widened her smile at her. "I saw the way you looked at Lionel that night but made sure no one found out. That's why you hate me because Lionel at one point chose me and not you and meaning you had to definitely set up for your husband Mr Greyson, am I right?" Eden spat out and Janette gulped before glaring at her. "Well he dumped you later on leaving you pregnant, did you have that child later on?" Janette asked out of curiousity and Eden got her bag and walked past her without saying a word and left the cafe.

Janette had completely ruined her day today. Her excitement of bagging a new job was spoilt by Janette and her taunts. Eden hoped she never had to deal or see Janette again. The thought of Lionel crossed her mind again. Could Janette know anything about him and where he was. Afterall Greyson and Lionel were close years ago despite their business rivalry but refused to even ask Janette anything. She clasped her head with her hands and blamed herself for still having him in her thoughts even after three years had passed. In these three years, he didn't once contact her not even to ask about Mia's well-being.

She decided to take a walk around central park to clear her head before heading home. Her job was definitely going to come in handy for her and especially for Mia's life. Her feeding, her clothes as well as the school she was soon to be enrolled in a few years. She knew saving was to start the moment she began her work not guaranteeing she was going to have the job for years so saving was a necessity.

She found a bench and sat down as she watched people and kids roaming round the area. The central park in New York was always the space for great socialising and meeting people around. Eden smiled watching a bunch of kids playing hide and seek. The weather was slightly sunny but also perfect as well.

She opened her bag and took out the file which Ramirez gave her. It appeared to contain all of her boss's schedules. She opened the first folder and saw her boss's name, Mr Bluebird. He apparently liked professionalism among his closest employees as well as his schedules in order at all times. He generally seemed like the perfect strict businessman who never compromised on his work and valued it very much. Now checking the details, Eden wandered if he ever gave time to his wife Monique or his family because of his work. She deduced that her boss and Monique's husband must be a damn workaholic. The next column struck her. As his personal secretary, she was also to accompany him on trips whether it meant out of the city or between countries. In short, she was to offer her services to Mr Bluebird twenty four seven, around the clock.

Eden sighed and repeated how she needed this job. So far this was the only company who had contacted her and offered her this position that payed extremely well. But what bothered her was her time with Mia was going to be taken away. She had planned to schedule her timings at work as well as spend quality time with her baby girl. But with this set of rules that she needed to follow didn't seem to agree with her prepared plans.

She didn't want to put Mia's entire responsibility on her mother. Her mother had already done a lot for her by offering her apartment when she moved to New York after her father's death. Lucia worked at a quite good mall that payed her well which also helped to fund part of Eden's course programme. Eden had been a responsibility on her mother since she arrived with Mia still in her womb and now didn't want to bother her anymore and then thought of hiring a nanny when she officially moves to her own apartment also meaning she won't spend much time with Mia.

She closed the file and decided to call it a day. Julian had called her on her way home. Julian was over the moon and happy when Eden broke the news to him about her new job and Eden was glad she had met such a wonderful friend like Julian. She slightly felt sad that she couldn't try to see him as more than just a friend. It just wasn't possible for her and hence she never bothered to push harder.

She got home after hanging up with Julian. Lucia wasn't at home and Eden knew she must have gone out with Mia. She took the time alone at home to freshen up by taking a long shower. It was close to evening and the sky was giving a subtle orange glow as the sun began to set. Eden had prepared her clothes for tomorrow. Tomorrow was the day she began her dream job. The job that the most important person in her life back then told her she couldn't reach and was completely useless to even do anything with her life and no better than a housewife.

She smiled not letting the past affect her and got her office clothes ironed and prepared dinner all the while before Lucia got back with Mia. She made creamy pasta with meatballs which was Lucia's favourite while the meatballs were Mia's favourite. Eden made soft meatballs separately for Mia.

After preparing herself for tomorrow, she got to watching some TV while sitting on the couch. She heard the doorbell ring and got up and headed towards the door to open up when her ears picked up something coming from the television. once again the famous billionaire Lionel Bluebird has made it to the top listed businessman around the world. Eden stopped in her tracks as she picked up his name. The very same name that always stirred her no matter what even till this day.