Chapter 6

Eden got out of the cab and stood in front of a large building that was attached to a skyscraper. Her mouth let out a gasp as she stared at the massive building I front of her. Her body tingled with happiness knowing that she got the opportunity to work at such a big company by her own hardwork and merits.

She clutched her bag tightly on her shoulders and smiled widely taking deep breaths before she walked straight towards the entrance. She pushed open the glass door and gasped meeting Monique at the entrance as well. Monique's eyes came into realisation as she pulled Eden into a tight hug. "Eden! What a pleasant surprise." Monique said and Eden smiled back at her.

"Mrs Monique..." Eden's eyes trailed to her hand that held her wedding ring placed tightly in her finger. "How are you?" Eden asked widening her smile. "And how's your baby doing?"

Monique smiled rubbing her oversize belly with a loud exhausting sigh. "The baby's doing fine, thank you." Monique repiled. "Am sure that you'll soon be rid of all the stress. Believe me." Eden said noticing Monique's tired expression. "Have you being pregnant before?" Monique asked. "Yes, I have a three year old daughter." Eden repiled with a smile.

"Am sure her father must have been so happy during your pregnancy." Eden's smile instantly vanished after Monique spoke those words and Monique also noticed her words had open up old wounds. "Oh. Am so sorry for saying such..." Eden smiled back and cut her off. "No it's nothing Mrs Monique. Am fine."

"By the way, why are you here?" Monique asked. "Oh am here to collect my application letter. I got a job here." Eden repiled and Monique giggled. "Really? That's such a wonderful news. Having you in my husband's company is good and I know you'll do justice and be an asset to us." Monique spoke making Eden to gasp out this time.

"..your husband owns this company. Bluebird's Cooperations?" Eden asked admist her shocked face. "Yes. My husband owns this company and he's the C.E.O. as well." Monique repiled. "Oh! That means am your husband's PA." Eden said smiling widely.

Monique's smile widened. "Oh you're replacing Sasha. Thank goodness, my husband's former PA, Sasha was an incompetent person and couldn't do her work properly. But with you now, am sure my husband's stress over work will be lessened." Eden smiled warmly at Monique's words of encouragement. "Well..I promise to be good at my job." Eden said confidently and the two women giggled together before a tall man dressed in all black walked up to them.

"It's time to go ma'am. You have your doctor's appointment in fifteen minutes and Mr Bluebird would like it if you attended the doctor's appointment." The tall man spoke like a robot without any expression as they were hidden behind the dark shades he wore. Monique nodded and hugged Eden. "Break a leg," She whispered before walking towards a grey car and got in before the tall man got to the driver's seat and roared the car to life driving off.

Eden stepped into the building and was welcomed with a sweet fragrance that was oozing everywhere along with the chilly vibes gotten from the AC. It still felt unreal and never had she thought she would one day work in such a big company. She walked over to reception and stated her business to which the receptionist which Eden knew went by the name of Dia. She was directed to Mr Ramirez's office, the man she spoke with on the phone earlier today.

Mr Ramirez welcomed her and motioned her to take a seat as he began to brief Eden on her duties as the C.E.O's personal secretary. It didn't require all that much but she had to be on top of her boss's schedules, meetings and even if necessary was allowed to evade his personal space for work related reasons. Eden was okay and fine with the duties bestowed to her.

"Congratulations Mrs. Quinn. You're officially hired. You resumed tomorrow morning at 8am sharp." Mr Ramirez said and handed her file to Eden. Eden smiled and shaked hands with him before thanking the Lord above for such an opportunity. She stepped out of the building and was still happy tapping her feet in happiness of bagging her first ever big company job when she bumped into someone that led to her handing straight on her butt which made her to hiss out in pain.

"Excuse me." She called out and turned behind to find a few men walking away with one man in particular that stood in front caught her attention. Seeing how the other men walking behind him behaved. She knew instantly that man was the boss, her boss and the C.E.O, Mr Bluebird.

She could feel the intense and chills of control and dominance which the man held. Her eyes trailed everywhere and saw how a few minutes were filled with chatterings and murmurs but since he walked in, the whole atmosphere rushed into silence. She gulped realising this much power her soon to be boss exhibited.

He vanished along with a few of his men into the spacious elevator before she spoke to herself with words of confidence. "You can do this Eden. You can do this, you've worked super hard to get here. How hard can it be to work with him."

Then the thought of Monique being her boss's wife did calm her nerves down. She knew Monique was going to put in a few good words for her to her husband. She really needed this job inorder to become an independent woman and move out from her mom's apartment and rent out hers. Though she knew Lionel left her the house they were staying back when they were married but she didn't want to live off anything that belonged to him anymore. It was her way of trying to move on from him which was proving to be difficult but slowly she knew she would forget him just the same way he forgot her and Mia.

She got into a cafe to have a latte and do a small solo celebration but then gasped when a familiar voice called out to her. That voice she despised a lot. She immediately turned around.

"Janette!"

The story's just getting started from here. Like and comment and follow me. Very important, please follow me here.