~12~ Sara and Remus

Now that Quidditch season was over, it was time to focus only on exams. Me and Percy's stress levels were through the roof. I yelled at anyone who talked to me, and Percy gave punishments to anyone who was the slightest bit loud. Ollie was doing just fine. But with Percy and I wanting to go into the Ministry of Magic, we had to get full marks on everything. 

One evening in Potions, we were finally on Amortentia, the last potion to study before exams. 

"Can anyone tell me how to tell when a potion is Amortentia?" asked Snape.

I raised my hand. 

"Miss Finnigan?"

"You can smell the things you're attracted to." I said.

He nodded. "I would like you all to pair up in groups of two's or three's, and make your own Amortentia sample."

Percy, Ollie and I grouped up together, and started working on our potions. Towards the end of the hour, I was pleased to see that my potion was a pinkish pearl colour, the colour it's supposed to be. I suddenly smelled as strong scent too. I sniffed my potion. I could smell hot cocoa, warm cashmere, with a  hint of vanilla musk, citrus, and parchment.

I froze and sniffed it again.  "Oh Merlin."

"You alright?" asked Ollie. 

Percy hadn't heard me because he was too focused on his potion. 

I sniffed it one more time, ignoring Ollie's question. Yeah, there was no question about it.
My potion smelled like Remus Lupin.  

My eyes widened. "Oh Merlin. Oh no oh no no no."

"Is everything alright Miss Finnigan?" asked Snape, narrowing his eyes at me.

"I think I messed up the potion." I squeaked out, my heart was thundering in my chest. 

Snape peaked into my cauldron. "You're potion is fine."

Yeah, it was working too fine.

"Please put a sample in a flask and put your name on it, and put it on my desk." Snape said. "Then you may leave."

I quickly put the sample in a flask and rushed over to Snape's desk. I could smell everyone's potions now. The scent of Lupin was overwhelming and I was close to tears. What was wrong with me! He was my professor for Merlin's sake. I had never even felt this way about someone before either. Not even Bill Weasley, who I had always thought was hot when I was younger. 

"Your face is all red." Ollie said.

"Yeah. I have to go!" I said, grabbing my bag and running out. 

I needed to talk to Hermione. She might be able to help me figure this out. No, not Hermione. She's so young, and she's dealing with her own exams stress. McGonagall? Oh Merlin no that's embarrassing. Dumbledore was definitely off the list. And I definitely can't tell Percy or Ollie. Percy would call me delusional, and Ollie would just laugh in my face. 

I rubbed my face warily.  And of course, at the end of the hall walking towards me, is Lupin. He raised a hand but I had already turned around and started walking the other way. I could not face him yet. 

I spent the next few days avoiding Lupin. When eating my meals at the Great hall, I made sure to always sit on the side where my back was towards him. In classes, I stopped raising my hands to answer questions and would sit in the back. I always also tried to spend as much time in the Common Room as I could. One evening, when I was walking ack from the library, I ended up seeing Lupin. Right in front of me. 

"Hello Miss Finnigan!" he said smiling.

Oh why was he wearing that stupid scarf I gave him. He looked so cute and handsome and cuddly..... No stop it.