~59~ The Twins shop

I was now moved back in with my family. I still visited Remus most days of the week, and sometimes he'd come over for dinner. 

"Hey Shay, Dean, it's Harry's birthday today so Remus and I are going to go see him. Want to join?" I asked as I buttoned up my coat. 

"No, it's alright. We're not really close with him." Shay said.

"Just let him know we say hi and we wish him a very happy birthday!" Dean said.

I nodded. I met Remus at the Burrow, and we all sat in the living room, while Mrs. Weasley cut up some cake. I was a little disappointed that everyone was sharing grim news today.

"There have been another couple of Dementor attacks," Remus announced, as Mrs. Weasley passed him a large slice of birthday cake. "And they've found Igor Karkaroff's body in a shack up north. The Dark Mark had been set over it – well, frankly, I'm surprised he stayed alive for even a year after deserting the Death Eaters; Sirius's brother Regulus only managed a few days as far as I can remember."

"Yes, well," said Mrs. Weasley, frowning, "perhaps we should talk about something diff—"

"Did you hear about Florean Fortescue, Remus?' asked Bill, who was being plied with wine by Fleur.'The man who ran –"

"– the ice-cream place in Diagon Alley?" Harry interrupted. "He used to give me free ice creams. What's happened to him?"

"Dragged off by the looks of his place." I said. I couldn't help but butt into the conversation with what I knew from things I hear or see at work.

"Why?" asked Ron

"Who knows? He must've upset them somehow. He was a good man, Florean." Bill said.

"Talking of Diagon Alley," said Mr. Weasley, "looks like Ollivander's gone too."

"The wand-maker?" said Ginny, looking startled.

"That's the one. Shop's empty. No sign of a struggle. No one knows whether he left voluntarily or was kidnapped."

"But wands – what'll people do for wands?"

"They'll make do with other makers," I said, eating some of my cake.

"But Ollivander was the best, and if the other side have got him it's not so good for us." Remus said sadly.

When we left, I turned to Remus. "I feel so bad, that must've been such a depressing party for Harry."

Remus sighed. "I know. I hope he likes our gift though."

Remus and I had gotten him a book on fancy and advanced spells.

"Anyways, I should get back to mam and Shay." I said.

"I feel like Seamus likes Dean." Remus said, as we walked.

"You're joking. You only realized that now?" I asked.

"Well, no. I figured it out back when I was teaching. I uh, used to always assign them to assignments together."

"Trying to do cupids work are you?" I laughed.

He smiled. "You could say that."

"I don't know anymore. I mean, I thought Dean felt the same way but now he's dating Ginny!" I cried.

"Yeah. I'm sure they'll figure it out soon."

"Speaking of the Weasley's, have you been to Fred and George's new shop yet?" I asked.

"No, I haven't."

"Shall we go?" I asked.

"Right now?"