~39~ The Apology

Remus walked up to me. "Can I....."

I gestured beside me. "Yeah sure whatever."

He sat down, keeping some distance between us. "How have you been?"

I shrugged, picking at my t-shirt.

His eyes trailed down to my neck. "You still wear the necklace?"

I nodded, still avoiding eye contact.

"I'm sorry Sara" his voice cracked.

I turned to look at him, at the sound of his heartbroken voice. "Rem-"

"Sara I'm so so sorry. I ruined everything." he heaved a great big sob, and my heart shattered as I watched this tired and broken man break down in front of me.

"Oh Remus." I whispered, tear in my own eyes. "Come here" I scooted closer to him and pulled him into my arms.

His shoulders shook as he cried. He cried so hard I could hear his great big gasps, and I squeezed him tighter. I put my cheek on the top of his head as he burrowed his face into my neck as he cried. I stroked his hair, letting him have his moment. I didn't say a word.

"Sara." He whispered, his voice thick with tears. "I'm sorry. I made the biggest mistake of my life. I was- I was worried I'd hurt you again. I'm afraid of hurting the people I love, and it hurts me to see them hurt." He took a deep break, shuddering. "I was so stupid. I ruined everything. And I know now you hate me."

"I don't hate you Remus." I whispered, stroking his soft hair. "I've never hated  you. How could I? I was angry because I love you so much."

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "I love you and- I let you go."

"You didn't." I whispered. "I'm still right here"

"You're still here?" he asked.

"I'm still here." I confirmed. "I'm not going anywhere."

He pressed a kiss to my collarbone, still sniffling. "These past two months were torcher to me. Seeing you yet not ever saying a word to each other. Seeing you laugh and talk, but when with me it was like I was a stranger. And that was when I realized how much I hurt you. That's when I realized how fucking stupid I was." He tightened his grip around my waist.

"Remus I forgive you." I kissed his forehead. "I'm sorry too. I was too angry and petty, I never even bothered listening to you."

"No. You had every right to be mad at me Sara. I left and never responded to you." He said softly. "And that muggle girl. I promise it meant nothing. I didn't even- I pushed her off. I promise. I promise it was a moment of, I don't know, confusion."

"I know Remus. I know." I said honestly. "I believe you and I forgive you."

He had stopped crying, but there were still tears in his eyes when he pulled away from my grip, taking my hand and placing his forehead against mine. I looked into his chocolate brown eyes.

"I know you forgive me but, I understand if you don't want to, go back to the way things were. A year ago." He said.

I wiped a tear that was on his cheek. "No Remus, I want to. I've missed you."

He gazed into my eyes and squeezed my hand. "I love you Sara."

"And I love you Remus." I leaned forward slowly, and pressed my lips against his. It was a soft and tender kiss, before we pulled away.

"Let's get you to bed Rem," I said. "We have to wake up early tomorrow to take everyone to the station."

He nodded. I took his hand and helped him up as we went through the window and into a room. We stepped out into the hallway, with my arm around his waist. "Where's your room."

He led me towards his room, but not before Fred and George stepped in front of us, about to enter their own room. They glanced at my arm around Remus' waist, and they looked at his red eyes and tear streaked face.

"Go to bed." I told them firmly, shaking my head slightly. Do not ask right now.

They both surprisingly nodded in understanding.

"Goodnight." Said George as they stepped into their room.

Remus led me all the way to his room and he invited me in.

"Here. Let's get you into something more comfortable. May I?" I asked gesturing to his trunk

He sat on his bed with exhaustion and nodded. I pulled out a pair of Pajama bottoms and a t-shirt. I didn't even know he owned t-shirts.

"I'll turn around." I said, facing the door as he got dressed.

"Okay. You can look now." I turned back around as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Sara I-"

"Bed."  I said firmly. "You are tired. Get to sleep."

He smiled slightly. "So bossy."

"Shut up." I pushed him into bed and pulled the covers over him.

"Are you seriously tucking me in." He asked with amusement in his voice. I was glad to see he wasn't crying anymore.

"It's what Shay always did with me when cried about something." I said softly, patting the blankets around him to make sure he was tucked in. I kissed him again. "Goodnight Rem."

"Stay here." He said.

"What,"

"Spend the night here." He said, taking my hand.

My eyes widened. Spend the night. I'd never slept over with a guy who wasn't Ollie and Percy.

"Just to sleep Sara." He said, reading my face.

"Well....." I smiled slightly. "Alright."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me forward, I landed on him heavily and let out a small squeal of laughter.

"Shhhh." He laughed.

Someone knocked on the door and Sirius poked his head in. "If you two are going to screw I suggest you do it quietly." Before he snapped the door back closed.

"We're just gonna sleep!" I cried, but Sirius probably didn't even hear me.

Remus and I glanced at EACHOTHER, before dissolving into fits of giggles.

"Okay okay we really have to sleep now." I mumbled, crawling under the blankets and laying my cheek on his chest.

"Yeah." He draped his arm over me as I snuggled against him.

"Goodnight Remus." I said softly."

"Goodnight Sara."

AN: Omg finally some Remus and Sara action again :3