~16~ The Burrow

"I DID IT!" I screamed into the phone, jumping up an down. "I GOT ACCEPTED TO START AUROR TRAINING!"

"Goodness Sara, lower your voice please." Percy grumbled on the other line. "But I'm certainly very proud of you."

I had taught him how to use a phone so that we could communicate easier than just owling all the time.

"I can't believe it!" I cried. "This is- wow."

After submitting applications and my grades to the Ministry, it took them a month to look over my things. I was convinced they would reject me, until I had received a letter saying I was now a part of the program, and would begin my training in mid August. Percy had already started work at the Department of International Magical Cooperation, and would call me every single day for hours on end telling me all about it. Once, I had left the phone on the table, went to make myself lunch, and had come back half an hour later to find him still talking, never realizing I had put the phone away. To be honest, I still don't really know what he does.

The next day, Percy called me to tell me that his father had gotten a bunch of tickets to the World Cup from work. I planned to apparate there the following day to spend a few days at the Weasley's before going to the cup. Even though we have been friends since first year, I had never actually been to the Burrow. I liked spending my summer's with my family, but mum told me I should take this opportunity and have some fun there before I start training at the Ministry like crazy. 

I had also received a letter from Ollie. I opened it eagerly.

Dear Sara,
I'm so proud of you for getting accepted into the Auror Program! That's going to be a hell lot of work, but I know you have the resilience for that. As for me, I have been signed to the Puddlemere United reserve team! I'm looking forward to starting soon. Also, you're an absolute idiot for teaching Percy how to use a phone. He sent me at least four feet of details of his job. I haven't ready anything yet. Anyways, I'll meet you and Percy at the World Cup!
Love,
Ollie

I grinned and quickly wrote a response, telling him how happy I was for him and that I'd see him at the cup. Once I sent my owl off, I went to Seamus' room, who then informed me that Dean invited him to the World Cup too.

"Aye, so I'll still see you there!" I said happily, flopping down on his bed.

"I'm so fucking excited." Shay said happily. 

"Me too. I've always wanted to see the World Cup!"

We spend the rest of our days talking about Quidditch, and him having me replay all my favorite quidditch moments from my games. The next day, I packed a bag with my clothes, kissed mum and Shay goodbye, and Apparated to the Weasley's house. I knocked on the Burrow's door, and Mrs. Weasley opened it. "Oh hello Sara! lovely to see you! Congratulations on your Aror acceptance, Percy just told me!" she hugged me tightly. "I'm proud of you dear."

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley." I smiled, patting her back as she let go of me. 

"You can put your things in Ginny's room, Hermione is here already." she said, directing me to Ginny's room.

I walked up the stairs and found Ginny's room, knocking. No one answered so I poked my head in to see that the girls weren't there. I walked into the room and placed my bag on a sleeping bag. I then found my way to Percy's room. I knocked on Percy's door. 

He poked his head out. "Sara! Come in, I'm just writing a report for the office."

I walked into his room, and was not surprised to see that it was very neat. Freakishly neat. I sat down on his bed. "Please don't tell me you're just going to be writing reports the whole time I'm here."