~49~ Valentine's Day

Life was going swell. One of the Unspeakables from the Ministry, Bode, died from a Devils Snare in St. Mungo's. Hagrid was now on probation. People were terrified with the new mass outbreak. 

There was so much work for us to do as Auror's, in the blink of an eye, it was now Valentines day.

I woke up yawning, to see big brown eyes staring down at me. I let out a yell, and slapped the person. "REMUS!"

Remus gasped, holding his cheek, which was now red.

"Remus I'm so sorry! You startled me!" I cried, sitting up in bed now.

"Nono it's alright. Er, I'm glad you have good reflexes, although I'm not exactly sure if a slap will stop a Death Eater."

"Shut up Remus. Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Happy Valentine's day." he said softly.

"Oh! OH YES. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!" I jumped up and threw my arms around him, peppering him with kisses all around his face. "I made you a little something."

Remus watched as I ran to my trunk, and pulled out a hat, filled with hearts all around it. "I knitted it. Sorry, it's so cheesy. You don't have to wear it but-"

He grabbed it. "No, I'll wear it all the time." he kissed me. "Thank you. You'll see your gift later."

Remus treated me like a princess the entire day, and I was telling him to quit it. He made me breakfast and lunch, and then he revealed that he plays a little bit of guitar and serenaded me. That was one heck of a surprise. And then, it was nighttime.

"We're not having dinner here. We're having a little picnic." he said.

"Picnic? At night?" I raised an eyebrow.

He nodded. "Come. I will Apparate us."

I grabbed his hand and he Apprated us to a large grassy hill. 

"What's this? What are we doing?" I asked.

He didn't respond. Instead, with a flick of his wand, a blanket appeared on the ground, with a basket full of food and snacks. There was a small bouquet of flowers. I looked up at Remus. "Oh Remus, this is so beautiful."

He smiled, gesturing me to sit. I sat down, and immediately laid my head on his lap. He started stroking my hair lightly. 

"I love you Remus. You didn't have to do all of this. All I made you was a measly hat."

"Ah yes, speaking of the hat." he pulled it out of his pocket and pulled it on.

I started giggling. "You look so adorable like that."

He smiled down at me fondly. And he didn't look away. 

"Kiss me." I said.

He snorted. "Ask me nicely and I might."

"Pretty please with cheese on top."

He rolled his eyes with a smile and leaned forward, pressing a kiss to my lips. He pulled away, still gazing down at me.

"Okay, now your staring is getting a bit creepy." I whispered.

"Shut up Sara." he laughed. "Way to ruin a moment."

"You love my jokes." I grinned smugly.

"It's most unfortunate, but yes, I do absolutely love your stupid dumb jokes." he chuckled. "But I love you the most."

"I love you Rem."

Sorry for literally the shortest chapter ever. I promise there is more to come.