~63~ Harry's Suspicions

Christmas was approaching far too quickly. My training was gruesome and tiresome, but I was getting much better. My exams were pretty quick as well. Soon enough, it was Christmas break and all the children were back. Mrs. Weasley insisted that Remus and I spend the holidays at the Burrow. 

"You two are always cooped in there all alone." she said, shaking her head. 

I smiled slightly as she hugged me and Remus tightly. 

My mam was away for Christmas break, while Seamus stayed back at Hogwarts with Dean. Apparently, Dean was invited to stay at the Burrow because of Ginny, but he decided not to come. 

While Remus sat in the living room with Mr. Weasley and Bill, I wandered off to the kitchen, were Harry and Ron were peeling sprouts for Mrs. Weasley.

"Because Malfoy-" Ron started, but he stopped the second he saw me. 

"No, it's fine. I told her what I think." Harry said, waving to me.

"Hello boys. What's going on now Harry? Still on your secret crush on Malfoy?"

Harry nearly tripped over his feet while Ron roared with laughter. "What the fuck Sara?"

"Language, Harry."

"Can you help us peel these sprouts?" asked Ron.

"No. Mrs. Weasley made me do this for her too before. You must go through the same struggles as me." I said. "Now, what about Malfoy?"

"I think Snape was offering to help Malfoy with something." Harry said.

Ron and I glanced at each other. 

"So Snape was offering to help him? He was definitely offering to help him?' asked Ron.

"If you ask that one more time I'll stick this sprout up your-" Harry snarled.

"I'm only checking!" Ron cried.

"Yes, Snape was offering to help him!" said Harry. "He said he'd promised Malfoy's mother to protect him, that he'd made an Unbreakable Oath or something –"

I laughed. "You're joking  Harry!"

"An Unbreakable Vow?" said Ron, looking stunned. "Nah, he can't have ... are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure,' said Harry. 'Why, what does it mean?"

"Well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow ..."

"I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough. What happens if you break it, then?"

"You die." I said bluntly, sitting on a stool and crossing one leg over the other.  "You know, I pretended to do one with Shay once."

"What happened?"

"Well, it was all pretend, I didn't even use a wand, I just held a stick I found out in the garden. Anyway, we vowed that he would never eat candy again. I bribed him to eat a piece of candy and he cried after he ate it, thinking he would die. Mam beat the living shit out of me." I smiled fondly at the memory. 

"Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was about five. I nearly did, too, I was holding hands with Fred and everything when Dad found us. He went mental," said Ron, with a reminiscent gleam in his eyes. "Only time I've ever seen Dad as angry as Mum. Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same since."

"I can imagine those gits doing that." I said. 

"Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock –" said Harry.

'I beg your pardon?' said Fred's voice as the twins entered the kitchen. "What about my left buttock?"

"We were saying how once your dad got so angry..." I started and Fred laughed.