~25~ The Second Task

After the Yule Ball, Fleur insisted on keeping in touch, so I gave her my address, and she also gave me her address in France for when the year ends. Soon, the break was over and it was time to go back hard at work. Training was brutal. We were to once again go to Hogwarts, to watch over the Second Task.

I was starting to struggling towards the end of January. 

"Sara! You're slipping behind!" Kingsley said irritably, after he had easily knocked me down multiple times.

I groaned, struggling to get up. 

"Stay on the ground." he rumbled, walking over and kneeling down next to me. "What's going on? You haven't been focusing these past few days."

I sighed. In all reality, I was starting to miss Remus too much. I had found my necklace shoved deep in my trunk, which I had taken off after summer when I realized he wasn't going to respond to my letters, and I decided to wear it again, but once I had that little piece of him with me, I was having a hard time sleeping, always thinking of him. I was love sick. And I fucking hated it. I wasn't going to tell Kingsley all that though.

"I don't know." I lied.

He sighed. "I know you can do better than this Sara. There's something on your mind, I can tell."

I bit the inside of my cheek. "It's personal." I decided to say.

He nodded in understanding. "That's fine, but, you need to try and not let it distract you. Is someone you know dying? A family member? A friend/"

"No."

"Okay, then let's get back to training."

When Tonks heard about my awkward conversation with Kingsley, she decided to have a little chat with me herself.

"It's about a boy. Is it about Charlie? I know you decided to reject him, but what happened after?" she asked.

"Tonks..."

"Come on Sara, what's up?"

We strolled through the streets of Diagon Ally, not really having a location in mind.

"Yeah, it's about a boy. But not Charlie. It's about the guy I rejected Charlie for." I stuck my hands in the pocket of my robes.

"Well, do I know him?"

"Probably not. To be frank, only like, a couple of people know who it is. I didn't even tell my best friends Percy Weasley or Oliver Wood."

"I guess I'm not your best friend then." she crossed her arms teasingly. 

"Oh shut up Tonks." I laughed. "You know I love you. I just, don't' really want to say it yet."

"You know I tease." she punched my arm. 

Soon enough, February 24 rolled around, and it was time for us to head off to Hogwarts. The second task was to take place at the Great Lake. Each Champion had an hour under water to save something that they would miss. And that something happened to be people.

"PEOPLE?!" I shrieked. "THEY'RE DROWNING CHILDREN!"

Kingsley sighed as we walked to the Hogwarts grounds. "They're not drowning Sara, calm yourself, they're put under a spell. They'll be fine."

Soon, we were now standing alongside the judges and professors. I waved warmly to Fleur and wished her good luck, and she smiled back. I also nodded at Cedric. 

"Wait, where's Harry?" I asked Kingsley.

"I don't know." he frowned. 

Apparently, everyone else was wondering the same thing.