~50~ Dumbledore's Departure

I was extremely proud when I read a copy of the Quibbler, which was an interview Harry must have done in Hogsmeade. He had retold the exact story of what had happened last June. 

"Oh he's so brave!" I cried, dancing around the kitchen at breakfast one morning.

"Sit down, you're giving me a headache." Tonks grumbled.

"Why so grumpy today?" I asked, tossing her the Quibbler.

"Nothing. Ollie and I just stayed up all night."

"Doing what?"

"You know very well what." she turned red.

Remus and Sirius sniggered. Sirius grabbed the Quibbler and he and Remus started reading.

"Wow! How fantastic!" Sirius grinned. He was for once, looking happy and I was glad to see it. He'd been in such a dump for the past few months, I never knew how to perk up his mood again.

"I have no doubt Umbitch is going to try and make a new rule panning the Quibbler." I said.

"Did you- did you just call her Um-bitch?" Remus asked.

"Yes. I came up with it the other day. Anyway. I'm sure the students will find ways to keep them."

"Like how?" asked Tonks.

"Probably bewitching the covers to look like school books. Er, sorry Tonks but, Ollie did that before back when he had a few racy magazines. Mind you, we were thirteen, at the ripe age of puberty. He was horny as hell."

Tonks found this rather hilarious, and said she would never let Ollie live it down. Remus and Sirius just laughed, and muttered something along the lines of "we did that too!"

One evening, I received a letter.

"Who's that from?" Remus, as he cooked dinner.

"Dunno." I tore it open. "Hey! It's from Shay!" I waved the letter.

"Read it first, before you get too excited." Sirius said.

"Shut up." I said, as I opened it and started reading out loud.

Dear Sara
You probably don't want to hear from me. I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I read Harry's interview in the Quibbler (I'm sure you read it too) and I believe him. I believe him. I believe Dumbledore. I believe you. I sent an edition to mam. I don't know if she'll read it though. Anyways, I'm really sorry for all those awful things I've said to you. I miss you a lot, and I miss talking with you and sending you letters. I understand if you don't ever want to speak to me again, but I hope you consider it. 
Also, You and Remus Lupin aren't such a bad couple. I'd love to meet him sometime, as your boyfriend, not a professor.
Love, Shay

I stared at the letter for a few moments.

"Sara?" Remus asked timidly.

I burst out into tears.

"Oh Sara." Remus rushed over and pulled me into a hug, while Sirius patted my head.

"I'm so glad he finally believes it!" I sobbed. "I've been waiting for this moment for so long and he really believes it!" 

"There there." Remus coaxed. "Why don't' you calm down, and send him back a letter?"

"You're right. I'm being silly. Sorry."

I quickly grabbed parchment, and ink bottle, and quill, running back down to the kitchen, before I began to write.

Dear Shay,
I am so happy to hear from you! I'm also so happy to see you've turned around. I miss you so much too Shay. I was hoping to send a letter, but I was nervous. I wasn't sure what you would say or do. I love you a lot.
Maybe after the school year, you can meet Remus (again)
Love, Sara