~55~ After the Battle

I was faintly aware of Dumbledore, rounding up all of the Death Eaters. Mad-Eye was trying to revive Tonks. Kingsley was continuing to battle with Bellatrix. Remus was holding Harry back. But then Neville turned to Harry, who was still being held back my Remus. 

"Was dat man — was Sirius Black a — a friend of yours?" Neville asked Harry and I.

I was numb. I didn't respond. Harry nodded.

"Let's — let's find the others. Where are they all, Neville?"  Remus was looking pale, his hand reaching out to hold mine.

"Dey're all back dere," said Neville. "A brain addacked Ron bud I dink he's all righd — and Herbione's unconscious, bud we could feel a bulse —"

 There was a loud bang and a yell from behind the dais. Kingsley, yelling in pain, hit the ground. Bellatrix turned tail and ran as Dumbledore whipped around. He aimed a spell at her but she deflected it. She was halfway up the steps now 

"Harry — no!" cried Lupin, but Harry had already ripped his arm from Lupin's slackened grip. 

"SHE KILLED SIRIUS!" bellowed Harry. "SHE KILLED HIM— I'LL KILL HER!" 

And he was off, scrambling up the stone benches. 

"HARRY COME BACK!" Ollie screamed.

But Harry ran out of sight.

Making sure all the Death Eaters were rounded up in the middle of the room, Dumbledore ran out of the room.

"I'll go find the others!" Bill cried, and Ollie ran behind him. 

Remus and I looked at each other.

"Sara." Remus reached out to me again. 

"He's gone- he never- he never got to prove he was innocent. All he wanted was to go out in freedom." I whispered hoarsely.

Neville glanced at me. "I'm really sorry Sara."

"Should we find Harry?" I asked, wanting to take my mind of Sirius.

"No. Dumbledore will handle it." Remus whispered.

Luckily, soon, Ollie and Bill returned with everyone. Ginny had a broken ankle, and now sat on the floor panting. Hermione was unconscious. Ron was giggling uncontrollably, with welts all around his arms. Luna looked shaken, and was wincing slightly. 

"What happened?" asked Ginny, looking around at everyone's faces. 

My eyes were glassy, but I didn't say anything.

Bill whispered something to her and tears immediately formed in her eyes, but she said nothing.

Not long after, two people burst into the Department of Mysteries, and we all raised our hands right away, but Dawlish and Williamson just went straight to the Death Eaters.

"Lucius Malfoy?" Dawlish looked shocked. "Well well well."

Soon, Dumbledore and Fudge came through.

"Very well." Fudge looked shaken. "Take them to Azkaban straight away."

Dawlish and Williamson led the Death Eaters out of the room.

Fudge looked at us all in shock, his eyes lingering on Tonks, Mad-Eye, Kinsley I. 

"My Auror's...?"

"They must all be taken to St. Mungo's. Except Sara. She can go to the Hospital Wing at Hogwarts with the students." Dumbledore said.

"Why?" asked Remus, on behalf of me.

"Because her brother would no doubt want to see her right away."