~27~ Cedric's Death

Once again, it was not an interesting Task to sit in. Not being able to see anything. Not too long into the task, red sparks shot up into the hair.

Tonks Apparated into the maze towards the sparks, and a second later she came out with Krum, who was unconscious. Madam Pomfrey and a few professors started tending to him right away. Soon, another few sparks went up. Kingsley nodded at me from far.

"My time to shine." I said, before Apparating to where the sparks came from. I saw Fleur, also unconscious. I made sure she was alright, before wrapping my arms around her and Apprating back out of the maze, where Pomfrey rushed to her right away. "She's okay." she assured me. I nodded and I quickly went back to my post.

"Is she alright?" Bill asked me, worriedly.

"She's alright." I nodded.

I was tapping my foot impatiently now. It was taking forever for Harry or Cedric to come back. Now it was up to them to get the Cup. I was pleased that whoever got it would be Hogwarts either way.

"Quit tapping your foot!" Hermione cried. "It's making me nervous."

"Ah, sorry Hermione. It's a nervous habit I have." I apologized.

Bill reached back and took my hand in his. Without Percy or Ollie to comfort me, Bill was a nice option. I hoped it worked out with him and Fleur. They deserve each other and compliment each other well.

Finally, after what felt like eternity, two figures appeared in midair, landing on the ground.

"They made it!" I cried.

Harry was clutching onto who looked like Cedric, unconscious. We all cheered, the roar was deafening. I was clapping with excitement, before feeling like somethin was not right.

"Something's wrong." I said, the hairs on my neck standing.

"What do you mean!" Bill cried, clapping hard.

"Cedric is, he isn't...." I trailed off.

I watched as Dumbledore and Fudge went over to him. My ears perked up and I heard Fudge faintly say "He's dead. He's dead!"

I gasped, my wand clattering to the ground. I picked it up.

"What? What happened?" asked Ron, looking over. "Sara what's going on?"

People seemed to finally understand what was happening, and girls were now crying and sobbing, including myself. Tears were pooling in my eyes.

"I have to go." I gasped, running towards Tonks and Kingsley. "Cedric-"

"I know." Tonks looked pale. "It's okay." she grabbed my arm.

Dumbledore told us to go wait in the Hospital Wing, where Krum and Fleur were being kept, and to wait there while he attended business. We rushed to the Hospital Wing. Krum was still out cold, but Fleur's eyes were fluttering.

"Fleur! You alright?" I asked.

"Yes. What happened?"

"Cedric is dead." my voice cracked.

Her eyes widened, before it filled with tears.

We all sat in silence, waiting for Dumbledore to return. Then, Professor Snape and McGonagall walked in, carrying-

"Mad-Eye!" Tonks and I cried.

"Is he alright!"

McGonagall grimaced. "Perhaps the Headmaster will explain that later."

Soon, Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Ron, and Hermione arrived looking for Harry.

"He's not here." I said. "He's still with Dumbledore I think."