~14~ The Werewolf

I burst out of the castle, with my wand raised. I streaked across the grass towards the Womping Willow. Being agile from Quidditch, I managed to get to the trunks large hole easily, and I quickly crawled through. I found a flight of stairs, and ran up as fast as I could. 

I found myself in front of a door. Raising my wand to protect myself, I kicked it down, and pointed my wand right at Sirius black, who was right in my line of sight.

My eyes widened at the scene as I took in my surroundings. Ron, Harry and Hermione were huddled in a corner, Ron's leg obviously broken. Snape was sprawled in another corner, knocked out, and Remus was standing next to Black, with both of their wands raised towards Ron.

"Remus?" I whispered, my heart sinking. "Wha- what are you doing?"

"Sara! It's no-" Remus started.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO RON!"

"THEY'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING!" Ron yelled.

"Someone explain." I snarled, my wand still pointed up. "I just finished my N.E.W.T exams and I'm not afraid to use my knowledge. Tell me RIGHT FUCKING NOW!"

Remus lowered his wand and raised his hands up. "Sara just listen to me alright. Sirius is innocent. The real murderer, is Peter Pettigrew."

"I saw his name on that map of yours." I snarled. "But I don't see him anywhere."

"He's right here apparently." Ron held up Scabbers. 

I let out a breath of cruel laughter. "That rat? Scabbers?  You're all mad!"

"Just, let us show you." Remus said softly. 

I kept my wand raised as I watched Remus and Black lift their wands up once again.

Remus took Scabbers in his hand. 

With a bright flash of flight, there was now a a ratty looking man crouched on the floor, looking up at us in fear. He was barely any taller than Harry, and he had rat like teeth and wispy hair. 

"Well, hello, Peter," said Remus. "Long time, no see."

I lowered my wand and my mouth dropped open in shock.

"S -- Sirius... R -- Remus..." Even Pettigrew's voice was squeaky. Again, his eyes darted toward the door. "My friends... my old friends..."

Black's wand arm rose, but Remus seized him around the wrist, gave him a warning took, then turned again to Pettigrew, his voice light and casual. "We've been having a little chat, Peter, about what happened the night Lily and James died. You might have missed the finer points while you were squeaking around down there on the bed --"

"Remus," gasped Pettigrew. "you don't believe him, do you...? He tried to kill me, Remus...."

"So we've heard," said Remus, more coldly. "I'd like to clear up one or two little matters with you, Peter, if you'll be so --"

"He's come to try and kill me again!" Pettigrew squeaked suddenly, pointing at Black. "He killed Lily and James and now he's going to kill me too.... You've got to help me, Remus...."

"Shall we kill him together?" Sirius asked.

"Yes, I think so," said Remus grimly

"You wouldn't... you won't...," gasped Pettigrew. And he scrambled around to Ron. "Ron... haven't I been a good friend... a good pet? You won't let them kill me, Ron, will you... you're on my side, aren't you.

But Ron was staring at Pettigrew with the utmost revulsion."I let you sleep in my bed!" he said.

Pettigrew turned to me, and grabbed my hands. I recoiled and pulled out of his grasped.