𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡

You ran and ran as fast as you could

You ran and ran as fast as you could. You hoped a prayed that they would all be okay back behind you. They were your family, and you were leaving them to Muzan.

Muzan turned his body while blocking everyone of the Hashira and other demon slayers. He saw you running in the direction of Ayame and Tatsuo.

"No!" He shouted, turning to try and grasp your figure as you sprint forwards.

The was a flash of orange, crimson, and flames that danced around. At least ten of those tentacles sent forwards towards you were cut and embers glowed in the ends, blood spilled from each of them, creating their own pools of warm red.

The demon king snapped his head to find the burgundy haired demon slayer glaring daggers down at him, an intimidating aura, sword clenched tight, body fuming with every second.

"You try and touch her, I'll kill you." Tanjiro growled.

"You're so persistent. I'm getting sick and tired of you all being in my way. All you guys do is just tap about how you'll avenge parents, children, loved ones." Muzan clicked his tongue. "Isn't it enough that you're still living?"

There was something inside Tanjiro that seemed to snap, stare in complete shock and disbelief. Memories of his family covered in each others blood, home destroyed, Nezuko... you falling to your knees as you cried in front of your dead family. His heart began to ache.

"So what if they're all dead? Consider yourselves lucky and move on with your pathetic lives."

"How—How can you say that?" Tanjiro asked.

"Think of it as them meeting with disaster. Earthquakes, tsunami's, volcanos, hurricanes... no matter how many they've taken, no one gets revenge on them." He explained vainly. "Besides, the dead never come back. Give up that damn grudge and just move on with your damn lives. It's what most people do, so why not you? Why though? Because demon slayers are abnormal."

"Why don't you all just die already? So pitiful humans are, men think their high and mighty—but then die anyways. Children are a nuisance to society, can't provide for themselves. Women are arrogant and no good, just like children, they need a man to provide for them. Fucking useless." He scowled. "Just give me Y/n and you all can just live peaceful, quiet lives. Not like you all need her anyways. She's just another piece of meat in this world, no point in her existence anymore. At least Kamado won't have to put up with a woman."

He stood there, staring in disbelief. He was talking about how you shouldn't exist anymore, like it was okay for you to be dead. Like you were worthless. How could he say something like that?!

He couldn't imagine life without you. You were the other half of his heart, his soul, the oxygen to his lungs to help him live. Every part of you was beautiful. You were a work of art.

And Muzan was shitting on you like you were pathetic and had no point in living anymore. This set off Tanjiro, Muzan had crossed the line already for killing everyone he's cared about, this was another huge leap above the line.