The Dark-Hair Second Cousin

The Dark Haired Second Cousin

We were at Beltane Manor in 2325, and I was with my mother, Lady Karissa Ann and with my father, Lord Frederick William Howard The Fourth and I was only five years but my mother used to tell me how procious I was even at five years old.

One day a five year old dark-haired boy with his father and mother, and I asked my mother, " Mother. Who is that little dark haired boy?"

My mother looked and she said to me " Oh ! That is your second cousin, Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Third. "

"My second cousin, mother?" I asked.

"Why yes? Lord Andrew Charles Howard The IV is the grandson of your granduncle, Lord Anthony Christopher Howard and Lady Alexandrina Charlene Stuart, and his father is my first cousin, Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Second and his wife, Lady Charlotte Lennox." My mother told me.

"The other little boy, mother?" I asked.

"Lord Patrick William Howard The Third is your uncle, Lord Alexander Andrew Howard and Lady Charlotte Louisa Bourbon's son, and he is your grand uncle's oldest son." My mother told me.

"How many cousins do I have, mother?" I asked my mother.

"I stopped counting after Lady Samhain with your grandaunt and so did your great-grandmother." My mother said with a laugh.

"I do know that my youngest aunt, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann married in the same year as your father and I did, as we share the same birthday with your grandmother." My mother told me.

"Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann married Lord Albert Spencer-Churchill in 2318 and in 2320 she gave birth to Lady Charlene Andrea Howard. " My mother told me.

"Lady Sophia Dorothea Howard married your uncle, Lord William Frederick Howard in 2315 and in 2320 she had Lord William Frederick Howard" My mother told me.

Lord Albert Edward Howard and Lady Anastasia Christina Howard married in 2303 and both had children, Lady Olga Tatiana and Lady Albertina Edwina Howard in 2305." My mother told me.

Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey married in 2306 and their first child was born in 2310, along with Lord Charles Andrew Howard The Fifth, Lady Josephine Karissa Howard, Lady Karen Elizabeth Riley." My mother told me.

"I think the year of 2310, was the least busy within our family, but there were several baby-booms within our family, one in 2250, one in 2276, one in 2305, and the last was in 2320." My mother explains.

"The Years between 2300 and 2304 were the least busy." My mother explains.

"Do I have to marry?" I asked my mother.

"No. Lady Victoria Elizabeth. You don't have to marry and there is no written rule that you have too." My mother tells me.

"Your father and I just had your little brother, Lord Frederick William Howard The fifth and we have one more child to go." My mother tells me.

"You are very young, Lady Victoria Elizabeth, but your great-grandmother is getting up there in age and if anything happens to her. Your grandmother will abdicate the Dukedom of Norfolk, and I am her heiress as you are my heiress." My mother explains.

"Your father and I hope that she doesn't abdicate but she was very close to your great-grandmother as were all of your grand-aunts, and grand-uncles." My mother explains.

"I have my memories of your great-grandmother. She never had any favorite grandchild, like your great-grandfather did." My mother told me.

"Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Second is your great-grandfather's favorite grandson and Lord Charles Andrew Howard the Third is his favorite great-grandson, but you are also a favorite of your great-grandfather." My mother told me.