The Girl I Meant To Be

I need a place where I can go,

Where I can whisper what I know,

Where I can whisper who I like

And where I go to see them.

I need a place where I can hide,

Where no one sees my life inside,

Where I can make my plans,

and write them down

So I can read them.

A place where I can

bid my heart be still

And it will mind me.

A place where I can go when I am lost,

And there I'll find me.

I need a place to spend the day,

Where no one says to go or stay,

Where I can take my pen and draw

The girl I mean to be.

The Girl I Meant To Be

Taken from The Broadway Musical

"The Secret Garden."

My family and I all came to laid to rest my great-grandmother, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey nee Lowell on June 25, 2330.

I am her oldest great-granddaughter, Lady Victoria Elizabeth Howard, and my mother is named for my maternal great-grandmother, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey nee Lowell and her mother is her eldest daughter, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard.

My mother and grandmother and aunt all share the same birthday, May 1, 2295, my aunt was also named in honor of her mother, who is great-grandmother, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey nee Lowell.

My family suffered another death in September, when my maternal great-grandfather, Lord Andrew Charles Howard died in his Norfolk Estate.

After the death of my great-grandmother. My great-grandfather, Lord Andrew Charles started to withdraw and he wouldn't see anyone.

He would lock himself away in his suite at Norfolk Estate and one day my granduncle told my grandmother " Enough is enough Lady Elizabeth. I am going out to Norfolk Estate and I will take Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Second and Lord Andrew Charles Howard The fourth with me."

My great uncle, first cousin and second cousin ride out to Norfolk Estate from Lancaster and when they arrive they are told by my great-grandfather's valet "Lord Howard won't see anyone."

My grand uncle, Lord Anthony Christopher looks at the valet " I will see my father. He is grieving for my mother." Lord Anthony tells the valet.

My grand uncle, first cousin and second cousin force their way into where my maternal great-grandfather is in his library and when my great-grandfather looks up he looks at my grand uncle and asks " What are you doing here, Lord Anthony Christopher? I gave orders that I didn't want to see anyone."

"I don't care what your valet has to say, father. Lady Elizabeth and I are worried about you. I have brought your favorite grandson and great-grandson with me." Lord Anthony states.

A smile comes to my great-grandfather's face and he asks " How are you Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Second and my dear Lord Andrew Charles Howard The III?"