Come Home To Me

In the year of 2320, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann was thinking about her first love, Roy L Mock, who died of prostate cancer brought on by long term side effects from radiation sickness

Roy was only 17 years old when he came out of remission from his prostate cancer and when the oncologist told Roy and Karissa the bad news that his cancer could no longer be brought into remission.

Roy was not sad to go, as he came to terms with fatality, and he made Karissa promise not to cry as he lay dying in the hospice in Virginia in 2270.

Roy looked up at Karissa then aged 15 and he told " Atlas my love. There is nothing they can do for me. I am not afraid to die." Roy told Karissa.

"You must be brave for me, Karissa. " Roy pleads with her.

"The tragedy of this last world war was great and although there were new therapies to treat radiation sickness. They don't work on everyone." Roy tells her.

"You have escaped the curse that The ECON did and you were not affected as our families and I were." Roy tells her.

"We had great plans and dreams to marry, but alas they will not come to pass." Roy tells her.

"I am sure that Odin in his great wisdom has great plans for you, Karissa." Roy tells her.

"Some of us have short wicks and some of us have long wicks, and I am one who has a short wick, but you have a long wick." Roy tells her.

"Once I am gone, cremate me, and scatter my ashes next to my maternal grandmother's grave, and don't think of me with tears and sorrow, but with joy, laughter, as I am sure one day we will meet in Valhalla." Roy tells her.

Karissa is brave and she holds back her tears as she holds Roy in her arms and he takes his final breath and he dies in her arms.

Three days after his death, she has him cremated and she takes his urn and she scatters his ashes across his maternal grandmother's grave.

The next four months Karissa goes to live with relatives until the government decrees a food shortage and food is rationed out to only immediate families, and not extended families and families are made to abandon their extended families.

There are no exceptions to the rule, so therefore Karissa care-takers placed into the United Federation of Planets new program fashioned a failed British program "The Children Immigration Program " that ran between 1940 and ended in 1970 as a failure.

In June of 2270, she boarded the USS Republic to Star Base 12 with 499 other young people and 250 settled on Star Base 10 and the other 250 settled on Star Base 12..

Karissa takes the last picture of Roy and her with Star Base 12 and she keeps it in Hope Chest where no one can find it.

Roy has been dead for 50 years now, and she never forgets him and one night she is standing outside of her balcony and she starts to sing "Hello Young Lovers."

Hello young lovers whoever you are

I hope your troubles are few

All my good wishes go with you tonight

I've been in love like you

Be brave young lovers and follow your star

Be brave and faithful and true

Cling very close to each other tonight

I've been in love like you

I know how it feels to have wings on your heels

And to fly down the street in a trance

You fly down a street on a chance that you'll meet

And you meet, not really by chance

Don't cry young lovers whatever you do

Don't cry because I'm alone

All of my mem'ries are happy tonight

I've had a love of my own

I've had a love of my own like yours

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Oscar Hammerstein II / Richard Rodgers

Hello, Young Lovers lyrics © Concord Music Publishing LLC