From Patrilineal to Matrilineal Primogeniture

Lord Andrew Charles Howard was 20 years old when his father, Lord Charles Andrew Howard Junior started to assert pressure on him to marry to provide Lord Charles Andrew Howard Senior first male line great-grandchild, and when his two older sons failed to produce a child.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard Junior turned to his youngest son, Lord Andrew Charles Howard, but Lord Andrew Charles Howard refused to marry a woman that he didn't love.

In June of 2274, the young woman he was waiting for arrived on Star Base 12 and she had just turned 19 years old.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard would not give up until he won her soul and heart and the only way was Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell who even agreed to marry him if he gave her a long for daughter who she could name Elizabeth Victoria Ann and Beltane.

When Karissa found she was carrying her long awaited daughter, she set their wedding date for March 21, 2275.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard and Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell as she was called for were married on March 21, 2275 in the chapel out at Norfolk Estate in front of all of The Lord and Ladies and The United Federation of Planet President Jane Hathaway was present at their wedding along with other dignitaries present.

Present at their wedding were: Lord Edmund Grey, and his wife, and three daughters, Lord John Seymour and his wife, Lord James Alexander Stuart, and his wife, and son, Lord Alexander Charles Stuart, and his brothers, Lord Charles Andrew Howard The Third, his fiancee, Lady Millicent Collins, Lord Patrick William Howard The Third and his wife, Lady Paulina Charlene.

From Star Base 10, traveled with Lady Patricia Charlene and her sister, Lady Charlotte Augusta with their husbands, Lord Ralph Neville and Lord David Frederick Stafford The Second.

Lady Karissa had chosen a Regency style wedding dress with a juliet cap with veil and she carried white roses and jasmine in her bouquet.

Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann with Lady Charlotte Augusta and Lady Patricia Charlene head for Norfolk Estate in the Howard carriage and people start to line the streets to see their new Duchess to be that is going to give them the first Duchess of Norfolk Territory.

Ever since its beginning in 2164, it was male preferred primogeniture, but that was all about to change when Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane would become the first Duchess of Norfolk Territory.

The Howard carriage pulls into the Norfolk Estate and waits for the Howard carriage to stop.

Lord Richard William Carey walks up and he bows "I have given the privilege to escort you up the aisle to marry my second cousin, Lord Andrew Charles Howard." Lord Richard William tells her.

"How can you marry my second cousin?" Lord Richard William asks.

"I made a promise to Lord Andrew Charles if he gave me a daughter that I would marry him." Lady Karissa tells him.

"Don't give up on us and Hold On To Your Dreams and our Day will come." Lady Karissa tells him.

" I am a patient man, Lady Karissa." Lord Richard William Carey tells her.

"I am glad to hear it, Lord Richard William Carey.' Lady Karissa tells him.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard walks up down the aisle of Norfolk Territory and they start to walk out of the chapel and they stand outside of the door of the chapel and Lord Andrew Charles takes Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann arms in Victory and watching him are his two brothers, Lord Charles Andrew Howard The Third and Lord Patrick William Howard The Second.

In the front of the chapel stands Lord Charles Andrew Howard Junior smiling knowing that what his great-grandfather started in 2165 is secure with Lord Patrick William Howard first male line great-great-great-granddaughter on her way.

What Lord Charles Andrew Howard Junior didn't know was that when Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane became Duchess of Norfolk Territory.

Most of the Dukedoms would change forever in 2299, when Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard aged 24 years old just like her father became the First Duchess of Norfolk Territory.

Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard stood on her balcony at Norfolk Estate and by her side were her sisters, Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard, Duchess of Clarence Territory, Lady Caroline Matilda Carey, future Duchess of Bedford Territory, Lady Anastasia Christina Howard, Duchess of Northampton Territory, Lady Sophia Dorothea Howard, Duchess of Gloucester Territory, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard, Future Duchess of Sussex Territory and their first cousin, Lady Autumn Bridget Howard, future Duchess of Cambridge Territory.

Standing in background are her third cousin, Lord Richard William Carey, Duke of Bedford Territory, and Lord Thomas William Howard, Duke of Northumberland Territory, Lady Karissa and by Lady Elizabeth side stands with her husband, Lord Richard Edward Howard The Third and his arms is four year old, Lady Karissa Ann Howard.

"You see with me is the future of Star Base 12, and Lady Elizabeth calls Lady Katherine Grey and Lady Elizabeth tells the people " Here is the Duchess of Suffolk Territory and in Lady Katherine's arms is four year old Lady Edmee Georgiana Grey.

Lady Elizabeth takes Lady Karissa Ann with Lady Katherine. They show their daughters to the people their next Duchess of Their Dukedom.

All of the women with their daughters, and sisters start to shout with joy and they hold up their daughters in the air to proclaim the Victory over Male Preferred Primogeniture to Matrilineal Primogeniture.

The only law on Star Base 12 is Absolute Primogeniture which states the oldest child must inherit the title and Dukedom of his/her father and no younger brother may replace an older sister.

Once on Star Base 12 and through many of its Dukedoms and Territories only sons were allowed to inherit their father's Dukedoms and Territories, all but for The Dukedom of Lancaster and Marlborough Territories.

Soon, Lady Samhain, Lady Anastasia Christina, Lady Sophia Dorothea, and Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann and Lady Katherine would change the law of succession to only matrilineal primogeniture whereas only their daughters and female descendants could inherit their Dukedoms and titles.

Later Lady Autumn Bridget and Lady Caroline Matilda Carey would also do the same.

The only Dukedoms and Earldom that changed to Absolute Primogeniture were Lancaster, St. Albans, Wessex, Essex, Albany, Langley, and Kent Territories, and with the watchful eye of Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane. She made sure that the daughters were never replaced with a young son or brother and she would travel to each Dukedom and remain with them " Star Base 12 has adopted Absolute Primogeniture and the law states that the first child regardless of the sex will inherit the Dukedom and Territory."

"We don't want The United Federation of Planets coming here and imposing their governor on Star Base 12 and we must stick to the new laws that we have enacted." Lady Elizabeth states.

Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard meant business and she made sure that the oldest daughter inherited the Dukedoms on Star Base 12.

So, Star-Base 12 changed from Male Preferred 'Primogeniture to Matrilineal Primogeniture.