My Succession to The Dukedom of Norfolk

My Succession To The Dukedom of Norfolk

One month after my marriage to Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Third, my grandmother, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard at the age of 63 years old made the announcement that she was going to abdicate in my favor and I would become the 2nd Duchess of Norfolk Territory on Star Base 12.

My grandfather, Lord Richard Edward Howard The Third was 62 years old, but my grandfather, Lord Frederick William Howard The Third had died in 2335.

I was 18 years old when I became The second Duchess of Norfolk Territory and the youngest one to ascend to the Dukedom of Norfolk since it started in 2165.

My grandmother, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard was 24 years old when she became Duchess of Norfolk in 2299.

My grandmother ordered me a Victorian Style dress to wear at my installation and Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Third dressed in a three piece breasted suit.

My dress was made of ruby-red and gold brocade and it was beautiful and my mother wore a dress of gold and white and my father wore a three piece suit.

The ceremony was held at my ancestral home that was built by my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, Lord Patrick William Howard in 2164.

In attendance were: Lady Edmee Georgiana Grey, Duchess of Suffolk, My grandaunts, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann, Duchess of Sussex Territory, Lady Sophia Dorothea, Duchess of Gloucester Territory, Lady Anastasia Christina, Lady Caroline Matilda Carey, Duchess of Bedford Territory, Duchess of Northampton, Lady Samhain, Duchess of Clarence Territory, my three granduncles Lord Anthony Christopher Howard, Duke of Lancaster Territory, Lord Albert Edward Howard, Duke of Kent Territory and Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey, Duke of Langley Territory, along with my cousins, Lady Autumn Bridget, Duchess of Cambridge Territory, Lady Charlotte Victoria Maud, Duchess of Beaufort, Lord David Frederick Howard, Duke of Albany Territory and Lord Charles Andrew Howard The Fourth, Duke of St. Albany, and Lord Alexander Andrew Howard, Duke of Lennox Territory and Lady Josephine Karissa Howard, Marchioness of Pembroke, Lord David William Beck The Second, Earl of Essex Territory, Lord William Seymour, Duke of Somerset Territory.

My grandmother and grandfather with my granduncle and grandaunt standing in front in the drawing room at Norfolk Estate.

Also present were the Senior officer of Star-Fleet Command and The President of The United Federation of Planets.

The red carpets were laid out, the doors opened and the music started to play to begin the ceremony and with Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Third escorting me up the aisle.

We walked to meet our destiny that my beloved late great-grandmother told me I would do to fulfill my destiny as my grandmother had done.

My grandmother with my grandfather, and great-uncle, and great-aunt smile as we approach the altar and my grandmother starts " I, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard does formally abdicate the Dukedom of Norfolk to my granddaughter, Lady Victoria Elizabeth Howard. She is the great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Lord Patrick William Howard through his son, Lord Frederick William Howard and his second son, Lord Charles Andrew Howard Senior and two of his sons, My dear late grandfather, Lord Charles Andrew Howard Junior, known as the "Good Duke of Norfolk Territory." and his younger brother, Lord Richard Edward Howard Senior and their sons, Lord Andrew Charles and Lord Richard Edward Howard The Second." My grandmother told everyone.

"I am 64 years old now, and I have governed Norfolk from 2299-2338, and now it is time for my dear Lord Richard Edward Howard The Third and I to retire to Wessex Territory as all of our children are married. " My grandmother told everyone present.

"I leave Norfolk in good hands with my granddaughter, Lady Victoria Elizabeth and with my grandnephew, Lord Andrew Charles Howard The third. They will take The Dukedom of both Norfolk and Lancaster into the next century." My grandmother tells everyone.

My grandmother places the Howard coronet on my head and my granduncle places the Howard Coronet on Lord Andrew Charles Howard the Third head and we walk up and everyone stands and they bow and curtsy to us.

I look at my grandmother and I tell her " Granny. There are two people that should be here today."

"Lady Victoria Elizabeth. They are and they are watching right now. I didn't think that your great-grandmother and great-grandfather would miss this day."

I look over and standing there smiling is my great-grandmother and great-grandfather with my great-great-great-great-grandfather, Lord Patrick William Howard standing proud and my great-grandmother calls out "Fulfill your destiny for your great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, Lord Patrick William Howard,and Lord Edmund Beaufort."

I see both of my great-great-great-great-great-grandfathers standing side by side and Lord Andrew Charles The Fourth and I smile at them before they disappear.

My grandmother comes up and she embraces me " I love you, Lady Victoria Elizabeth. I know that Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Third and you will make Lord Anthony Christopher and I proud you two unite the Dukedoms of Lancaster and Norfolk Territory."

"I love you too granny. Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Third and I will make Lord Anthony and you are a great-grandmother and great-grandfather." I promise her.

"One person is not here to see her namesake and it is my great-grandmother." I told my grandmother.

"Do you think Odin can keep her from being here on the day you give birth to her first great-great-grandchild?" My grandmother asks me.

"As much as she loves Odin and Freda. She loves her family more." My grandmother told me.

"Lady Victoria Elizabeth. Lord Andrew Charles Andrew Howard The Third and you have plenty of time to start your family." My grandmother told me.

My mother and father smile as they watch Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Third and I fulfill our destiny on Star Base 12 and to carry on our great-great-great-great-great-grandfather's legacy.