𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Is this really how I die? Please no! I have to save them! I love them! Save them! SAVE THEM!!

Gravity was one thing you never thought would be what caused your death. We're you really going to die? After everything you'd been though? You'd finally gotten back to them. And they were dying for you. Why? Why couldn't you be stronger? Why couldn't you be like the Hashira? Why couldn't you be as strong as Tanjiro?

A loud roar echoed at your right, and soon, something had caught you; physically and mentally by surprise. You gasped as you fell onto a large back of something with long spikes and scales.

You grasped onto the spikes of bone and hauled yourself upwards. Noticing immediately who it was that'd saved your life once again.

"Ayame!" You gasped. She grumbled lowly in acknowledgment to you. She flapped her wings upwards and began to fly into the sky.

Tatsuo roared in anger, recovering from Ayame catching you—and in the process, pushing back Tatsuo. "DAMMIT AYAME!"

He took forth his wings and billowed into the air towards the both of you. He breathed out a stream of fire towards Ayame and you, she dodged to the left as you held on tight, ducking your head down in the process.

You thought about using one of your breathing forms, but now you were too high up in the sky to do so without falling to your death. No way Ayame could get to you in time.

You just have to figure out a way to cut him down, or hold out until sunrise.

There was then a sudden pain that coursed through your body, starting in your chest. To put the pain in perspective, it felt like someone had just kicked you straight in the lungs, but with thousands of knives.

You jolted forward on her back and clasped your hand to your throat. The vision in your right eye beginning to diminish.

Why—Why can't I see from my right eye?! You then gagged loudly as you choked on warm liquid. It splashed out as you began to find it harder and harder to breath. You were now practically gagging for air.

You coughed out that same liquid—trying to cover your mouth—although when you looked down at your hand, it sent a shock throughout your body.

Blood...

Ayame sensed what was happening and roared loudly. The galactic breathers listened as she screeched in an odd pattern, but they quickly knew what she was saying.

It was code for you being in trouble.

"TAKASHI!" One of them yelled out. He looked upwards and recognized the pattern of her roars.