43

Austin has a week break before his next concert that will see them in Ireland so he sits Ava and Grayson down, looking at them with a serious face. Grayson and Ava share a shrug then look back at Austin whose face has broken into a smile.

"We have a serious decision to make. We have a week of just holiday - just the three of us. So I have three choices and the two of you get to decide. We can go skiing in Austria, go on a big yacht off the coast of Greece, or find the best chocolate in Switzerland."

Ava and Grayson huddle together and discuss their options quietly. They take their time and have to tell Austin twice to be patient. Finally, after much deliberation, they settle on their choice and then face Austin. "On the yacht in Greece, please. I want to go diving and Ava wants to...what do you want to do again?" Grayson asks. Ava whispers in his ear. "Oh, Ava wants to sunbathe and be fed grapes by a Greek god," Grayson says. Ava whispers in his ear again. "Two Greek gods," he says. "Yes to the diving, no to the Greek gods," Austin says standing and then ushering them up. "Go get dressed we leave in half an hour...Ava, a word," Austin says as Grayson runs out.

Ava raises her brows the squeaks when Austin wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her into his body suddenly. "We are learning about each other and one thing you probably should know is I am a teeny tiny bit possessive. I don't like sharing and if there are any Greek gods on that yacht they will find themselves overboard very quickly," he says then winks at her with a grin and trots off to his room to get dressed. Ava needs a moment to fix herself and smooth her hair out. She walks to her room on slightly wobbly legs - she may need another minute she thinks biting back the smile that forms on her flustered face as she leans against her closed door.

Greece is beautiful and again her phone comes out as soon as they get off the jet. They're driven to a large port and then follow Austin to a giant yacht. Ava forgets sometimes just how rich Austin is - he is so down to earth it's easy to forget sometimes. Mind you, she has not had to cook a meal or pack a bag for the entire time she has been on tour - people do all that for her. It's a ridiculous lifestyle, although Austin does still make Grayson make his bed every morning as he does at home. When they walk onto the yacht the crew and Captain stand in a line to greet them. Ava shakes hands with the crew and comes across a deckhand that resembles what she would consider a Greek god, when she looks over at Austin he is looking at her with a side-eye. Poor guy will see himself thrown overboard for doing nothing but looking like he does.

The Yacht is amazing and Ava has never stayed in a more beautiful place. The water is crystal clear and the sun is always warm. They dive and swim, and just lounge around. It's wonderful. The crew is always ready with meals and catering to their every desire but they do make themselves scarce and for the most part, it feels like Austin, Grayson, and Ava are alone on the Yacht. Ava does sunbath, her skin turns caramel brown and her hair turns a little whiter as the sun and sea bleach her hair. No Greek gods are feeding her grapes so she has to do it herself and she catches Austin watching her now and then, snapping his head away when he sees she has caught him.

"That kid talks a big game but can't follow through," Austin says walking into the lounge area one evening. "He moaned for a solid twenty minutes that he was not tired but passed out the second his head hit the pillow," he adds. Ava giggles and nods pouring hot water into her cup. "Yup, that sounds like him. You want tea?" she asks fiddling with the tea bag. When Austin does not answer she turns to look at him. "You ok?" she asks. "I can't drink tea, Ava. I can't even handle the smell," he says softly. "Oh...Austin...I am sorry...I," she says a little flustered as she picks up her cup and dumps her tea in the sink then starts washing out the cup. "I am so sorry, I was not thinking," she says fussing over the cup. She is just washing it repeatedly at this point.

"It's alright, Ava."

"No, it's not. It was silly of me."

"Ava."

"I was not thinking, so stupid."

"Ava, stop...Ava."

Ava stops but can't look at Austin. It hurts her to think she pulled up a painful memory for him - so stupid. "Ava, turn around," he says. Ava sighs then turns around slowly and looks at him. "I am sorry, Austin, truly," she apologizes again. "I know and it's alright. You can drink tea, it's fine I don't mind...I just can't," he says. "No. I will get rid of all the tea. I have a hand cream with tea in it, I will get rid of it too. No tea stuff. It will be a rule," she says, she feels a little distraught. Austin cocks his head and smiles at her. It's a soft smile, almost as if he is looking at her in a different light. A light that he has never seen before then he steps forward and cups her cheeks pulling her up slightly as he bends then connects their lips. His lips are soft and his kiss is sweet, it makes Ava's knees go weak.

He pulls back suddenly searching her face but she can see in his eyes there is turmoil and he frowns slightly then steps away from her, dropping his hands and looking like he has a war within him. He spins on his heel and walks out. Ava is left speechless, running her fingers over her lips where he has just been. She has developed feelings for Austin, strong feelings, and he had thought he felt something too but this kiss must have made him realize he just did not feel what he thought he felt. If they were to progress they had both agreed it needs to be natural, but if Austin feels nothing for her but tries to force himself to because they have spent so much time together that would be worse than not trying at all.

She steps outside and sees Austin standing on the deck looking out over the sea with his hands shoved into his pockets. She has come to learn that this is his uncomfortable pose. "Austin..." she says softly behind him, needing to take a breath and still her painful chest, "it's ok if you don't feel the same way...I am still learning to understand how I feel too but, I don't want you to feel obligated to try just because we have a history. I am ok with just being friends...it's ok."

"I liked it...I liked how it made me feel," he whispers then turns around slowly and looks at her, she can see his eyes are slightly watery, "I liked how you made me feel."

Ava nods and walks forward slowly till she is in front of Austin. So close she has to crane her neck to look up at him. "I think...I think they will be ok this. I don't think we are doing anything wrong," she whispers, her chin wobbling slightly. Austin bites his lip then lifts his hands and cradles her cheeks again. He bends and kisses her again, making her knees go weak - again.