44

Their time on the yacht comes to an end far too quickly, Ava thinks she would live on the yacht if given a chance and Grayson agrees while Austin chuckles at them. "Well, buckle up. We are going to Ireland now and it's cold there," he says. Grayson groans as he climbs up the jet steps and Ava agrees, she groans too. The jet is full of people again, as always, and Austin is pulled into a meeting with Dre and his team so Ava helps Grayson make necklaces for his grandmothers from the shells they had found on the powder-white beaches of Greece. "Hey, those are cool. I have a new girlfriend, can you make me one to give to her?" Dre asks. Austin snorts.

"You only date LA bitches-"

"Austin Post!" Ava suddenly cuts him off. The jet goes silent as everyone stops what they are doing and stares between Ava and Austin. She suddenly gets a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. She had not meant to cut him off like that nor had she intended to use his full name like Gracie used to do when she was mad at him. She had just blurted it out without thinking, not wanting him to talk like that in front of Grayson. She readies herself for a telling-off, she had no right to do that and Grayson is not her son so she has no say in how Austin chooses to parent him. But, then Austin's initially shocked face breaks out in a grin. "I am sorry, I should not talk like that in front of Grayson," he says then looks at Grayson.

"Don't repeat what I said."

"So I can't call my girlfriends that?"

"Don't get smart. You can't call anyone that, and girlfriends with an S as in plural?"

"What's a portal?"

"This conversation is not going the way I intended. Don't call people bitches and one girlfriend at a time. One."

"But I am a red-haired hottie-bo-Tottie, Dad."

"Why are you like this? Sit down. Make your necklaces," Austin says hiding his chuckle then walks over to Ava and pulls her to the side. "You ok?" he asks. "I am sorry I said that," she whispers. "Why? I was out of line," Austin says frowning. "I...well I don't know why now," Ava says. Austin hooks his finger under her chin and pulls her up, kissing her lips quickly. "You have a place here, Ava...do whatever feels natural," he says. Ava nods then goes on her tippy toes and pecks his lips again. Austin raises his eyebrow when she pulls away. "It felt natural," she says with a grin. "Sneaky," Austin chuckles.

Ireland is cold and Grayson has to put his jacket on before he leaves the jet, Austin insists that Ava does too as the wind is icy. Ava gets a warm feeling in her chest, Carter always looked out for her and it feels good to have someone do that again. She likes being looked after. The wet rolling green hills are a stark contrast to the hot sandy beaches of Greece but it's still a beautiful country so, yup - more photos. They are staying at a hotel and it is full of fans as they pull up, the hotel had not expected to have so many fans so they have to wait in the car for a little while the hotel prepares themselves.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Austin suddenly asks Grayson who is plastered to the window with a flat nose. Grayson jumps a little then sits back in his chair. "Those girls must be so cold, they don't even have boots on," he says. Ava looks out and sees about twenty women in tiny skin-tight dresses - everything is popping out. They're certainly very alluring and are holding up signs that say they are single or happy for a one-night stand with Post Malone. Their numbers are sprawled across the bottom of the signs in big black bold writing. Ava feels a wave of insecurity waves over her - oh, that's new.

Once in the hotel, Austin has to dash out for a sound check - jet lag and a grumpy Grayson, who Austin puts to bed, are the reason Ava and Grayson skip sound check. Ava finds herself peeping out the window constantly at the girls below who are shivering in the icy wind but have not moved for hours - signs still held high. She is not happy about them, they put her in a bad mood and she can't sleep so she watches a movie and orders a slice of peach pie - eating her feelings. She might check out the window occasionally during the movie - they are still there.