SIXTY-FOUR - HALF OF MY SOUL

I expected Jessie to hit me in the face, honestly

I would have hit me if I were in her position. I deserved to be hit. I was in my underwear dancing with her fiancé in his secret apartment. I definitely deserved a little hit at least.

But she didn't. Instead, she looked panicked as she told us that Harry's dad was here. When we both stared at her, frozen in shock, she moved around Harry and grabbed onto my arm, starting to tug me with her.

"Arabella, come on!" She urged me, yanking me harder when I didn't immediately move. I blinked, allowing her to pull me into the living room and toward the balcony door.

"My clothes..." I managed to say, gesturing toward the bedroom.

"Oh my god, you two can't keep your hands to yourselves for two seconds, this is completely ridiculous." She began to mutter as she rerouted us quickly, moving into the bedroom instead.

I wanted to ask her why she was helping us, why she was protecting us, but the words wouldn't come out. All I could manage to do was stare at her as she dragged me around as fast as she could. My adrenaline was pumping at the thought of Harry having to deal with his father's rage all on his own.

Jessie let go of my arm as we entered Harry's bedroom, leaving me to gather my clothes up off the floor as quickly as I could. The front door slammed open and shut just as fast, making both me and Jessie exchange a wide-eyed glance.

"What the hell are you doing here? I've been texting and calling you all night!" Harry's dad began to yell as soon as he was in the apartment, his voice shaking with anger.

"Closet, now!" She whisper-shouted at me, opening the door to it and pushing me toward it.

"Not again..." I groaned softly, watching her give a little head shake, motioning for me to zip my lips shut as she closed the door for me quietly.

I looked down, seeing the shadow of her feet under the door. She was standing guard in front of it as heavy footsteps came storming down the hallway quickly. I could almost feel the air shift in the room when Harry's dad entered. It went tense and tight and heavy. I suddenly felt that even my shallow breathing was too loud.

"Where is she? I know she's here." His dad said.

"I checked. She's not." Jessie lied, turning her voice impossibly snobby, "I thought he would have hidden her somewhere but he's just here alone."

"You have no fucking business being in this apartment. It doesn't belong to you. There's nothing here for you anymore. Come on, we're going home." Harry's dad said sternly.

"Hey. Don't be so harsh on him." Jessica said, moving away from the closet door, which made my stomach roll, "You know how confused he's been. I'm sure he didn't mean any harm by coming here... right, Harry?"