SIXTY-SIX - GOODBYE, GOODBYE, GOODBYE

We didn't steal the bicycles

Harry must have made previous arrangements with Ryan, the guy who owned the bicycle shop on the boardwalk. When we walked over that way, there were two bikes set up outside of the door, waiting for us.

They were both pink.

My heart was beating faster and faster as I looked over at Harry, seeing him smile back at me, his nose and the apples of his cheeks rosy pink from the crisp air outside. I reached over to cup one of those cheeks in my palm, running my thumb right across his flush. His eyelashes fluttered lightly, his eyes closing for a short moment as he leaned into my hand. I urged his face into mine, kissing him hard. He pushed against me as soon as my lips touched his, letting out a quiet whimper as he did so.

I smiled against his mouth, feeling myself get lost in his touch and his taste and his smell-all of the things that made up my Harry. Knowing that he lost the majority of his memories with me and still cared enough to have me tell him every detail of what he lost meant more to me than I could ever express to him. And the second I saw him wearing that same pink beanie from the night we originally stole bicycles, I knew what his plan was all along.

His plan was to recreate the memories he'd lost.

I knew that he still loved me then. I knew that nothing could take that away from us. He could have lost every single memory with me, including the ones at Apartment X, and I still believed that we would be right here, right now. He felt it. He felt the thread of connection between us, he felt how strong it was. I knew as soon as I saw that pink beanie on his head that no matter what happened, the love would always push through.

"You're excited? You don't think I'm lame for not coming up with something else?" He asked shyly when I pulled away from that kiss, my cheeks straining from how hard I was smiling.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked, raising my eyebrows, "I would repeat the same night over and over for the rest of my life as long as I was with you."

"Repeating the same night with you sounds like heaven." He breathed out, giving his head a small shake, his eyes as misty as the ocean.

"Oh, you are soft tonight, bunny." I smiled, grabbing onto his hand and tugging him closer by it.

"How could I not be?" He whispered, his voice shaking, "This is... this is our last night together."

My heart dropped into my stomach at the reminder. I'd been dreading this day for so long, almost as much as I had been excitedly anticipating it. As happy as I was to spend time with Harry, the thought of getting into my car tomorrow morning and driving away from him left me feeling heavy and anxious.

"Let's not think about tomorrow." I kissed the center of his palm, keeping my eyes locked with his,"Just right now. Okay?"

Harry nodded, swallowing hard as he watched my mouth lower to his palm again, kissing it once more. His fingers curled in just slightly against my cheek as I did this, the tips of them gentle as they brushed across my skin.