Chapter 6

Now our group is at Route 3, and on the road, we find a sad Jigglypuff. "It's a Jigglypuff! It's so cute!" Serena says.

"But something is not right." I say after seeing the Jigglypuff showing her frown face. "Hey, are you alright?"

The Jigglypuff notices me and she tries to talk, but no voice comes out of his mouth and she starts to cry in tears. Brock says, "It seems that this Jigglypuff loses her voice."

"That is awful... most of Jigglypuff's moves are based on voices and sounds..." Misty says.

"There should be a Pokemon Center at Route 4, we should hurry up and get there." Insey says.

Then we all hurry up and get to the Pokemon Center, and Nurse Joy is treating the Jigglypuff. Yellow asks, "I wonder if the Jigglypuff is going to be okay..."

"She'll be fine." I say. "Nurse Joy can heal Jigglypuff."

While we were waiting, we notice a salesman with a lot of fish tanks that contains the Pokemon known as Magikarp. "Hello there, sweetie pie! Have I got a deal just for you! I'll let you have a secret Pokémon – a Magikarp – for just 500 dollars! So, you'll buy it, am I right?"

Serena stares at me and asks, "Should we buy the Magikarp?"

I stare at the Magikarps behind the salesman and say, "It's just 500 dollars, I think it is a fair deal."

"Are you sure about this, Ash?" Misty asks, "Magikarp is a Pokemon that only learns the move Splash."

"If you raise it well, you can have it learn other moves like Hydro Pump, Tackle, and Flail." I say. "However, I'll give you three times the money, will you give me the Shiny Magikarp?"

Everyone stares at me in shock, and the salesman says, "Yes, we do have a Shiny one..."

"1500 dollars are here, just give me one." I say, and with my menacing glare, he decides to give us the Shiny Magikarp.

Magikarp: The Fish Pokemon: Water Type. In the distant past, it was somewhat stronger than the horribly weak descendants that exist today.

After purchasing the Magikarp, the Salesman quickly flee, much to their confusion. Yellow asks, "Why did he run away so fast like that?"

"Maybe because he's a cheater." I say. "He probably tries to paint the Magikarp gold and cheat others as they're shiny."

"Does that mean our Magikarp is not shiny this whole time?" Serena asks with a frown, and I say, "No, our Magikarp is as real as it is. Just give him a menacing glare and he'll show his colors."

After a while, Nurse Joy manages to bring Jigglypuff out and says, "The Jigglypuff is healed."

"That's great." I say. "So Jigglypuff, can you talk?"

"I- I can now!" The Jigglypuff is happy, and she tries to sing. Realizing that Sing is an attack that causes both people and Pokemon to fall asleep, Insey, Serena, and I quickly take out special earplugs that are as good as the ability Soundproof, but sadly, the others fall asleep in the Pokemon Center.

"Hey! Why did they all fall asleep?" Jigglypuff is now angry as she puffs like a balloon.

I say, "Calm down, Jigglypuff. You're singing a lullaby. Singing is a hobby, that's true, but it is also a Pokemon move that causes people and Pokemon to fall asleep."

Jigglypuff flinches and says, "Does that mean no matter how I sing, people will always fall asleep in the end? What should I do? I want them to hear my song until the end!"

Serena says, "How about trying different songs? I mean, if you're not singing a lullaby, then it will be fine. The Lullaby comes from your instincts. How about I teach you some of the good songs?"