Chapter 49

When we get back to Route 10's Pokemon Center, we notice that the light is acting strange once more before it turns off. "Don't tell me that the power is out again..." Serena says.

"I guss so..." Yellow says as we all head outside, we notice the giant massive thunderstorm in front of us. I say, "I think it's Zapdos..."

"Zapdos?" Misty asks, "You mean the Electric Flying Pokemon that we fought in Silph Co?"

"But there is also a question. It is true that Zapdos lives in thunderclouds. But does it really live in there, or the thunderclouds form around it?" Brock asks.

"I don't know. But why don't we ask Moltres about it?" I ask while sending out Moltres, who also senses Zapdos' appearance. When we enter the Power Plant, we accidentally bump into someone we aren't expecting.

"Team Rocket!" We gasp in shock

"It's the twerp? What are you doing here?" The Team Rocket trio is surprised.

"That's our line!" I say back. "Were you guys responsible for the blackout?"

"What are you talking about? We were just here to scout out the place as a potential second Team Rocket base!" Meowth says.

"So you're doing bad stuff either way!" Yellow says.

Then we heard the cry and Moltres says, "It's Zapdos!"

We ignore Team Rocket and try to find Zapdos, but Team Rocket also chases after us. We find that Zapdos is absorbing electricity using the generator, and I gasp, "It really is Zapdos!"

Moltres approaches Zapdos, and then they start a fight. "Hey! Moltres!" I yell.

"So you're captured by humans? Did you forget about what they did to us?" Zapdos yells at Moltres, who says, "Did you forget about Ash? He's the one who saved us from the evil people!"

Zapdos uses Thunderbolt on Moltres, and Moltres dodges while using Flamethrower, and Zapdos also dodges. Then Zapdos notices Team Rocket and gives them a Thunder attack, sending them flying, before going for Thunder.

"Pikachu! Help Moltres! Use Thunderbolt!" Pikachu manages to catch Zapdos off guard using Iron Tail, but Zapdos goes for a Rain Dance.

"Damn it, Moltres' Fire attacks are going to get weaker!" I say. "Moltres! Use Hurricane!"

I know that the move isn't super effective, but it hits Zapdos. Before it can use Thunder, Moltres uses Ancient Power, defeating him and giving me a chance to capture the Pokemon.

Zapdos: The Lightning Pokemon: Electric and Flying Type. A legendary bird Pokémon that is said to appear from clouds while dropping enormous lightning bolts.

After sending Zapdos back out, he says, "I admit, you're really strong..."

I say, "Thanks. And welcome to the team, Zapdos." I say.

Just then, Zapdos goes into the air and hits Pikachu with the Thunder, but just after it's done, Pikachu suddenly becomes really energetic.

"Ash! Guys! Look!" Brock says as we notice a lot of Electric Pokemon around the Power Plant, and all of them are happy to be hit by the thunder. Serena says, "It seems that Zapdos is sharing electricity to everyone!"

"You're right!" Yellow says. "It's so amazing..."

Then Zapdos returns to the Pokeball with Moltres, and we decide to continue finding Bruno the Elite Four member.

As we get to the Rock Tunnel, we notice Team Rocket stealing an old lady's food, and she is nice to give us the direction of Bruno after we send them flying once more. But then we are ambushed by a giant Onix.