Chapter 39

When I wake up again, I notice I'm already at my house. My Mom is by my side and I mutter, "Mom... I..."

"You're finally awake, Ash." My Mom hugs me and says, "I heard everything from Serena. You won against Giovanni and his strongest team..."

I slowly sit up and say, "What about Giovanni..."

"Giovanni escaped, but he won't be able to be the Viridian City Gym Leader anymore." My mom says. "We'll be getting a new replacement for the Viridian City Gym. But before he escaped, he gave you the final badge you need for the Pokemon League."

I look at my side and notice the Earth Badge, I sigh and say, "Thank goodness..."

My Dad walks in and says, "Ash. I see you're finally awake."

It is not just Dad, all of my travel companions, including Pikachu and Meowsie also rush towards me. I say, "I'm sorry that I made you worry."

"You manage to defeat the boss of Team Rocket, not even any of the members of Team Alpha is capable of doing that." My Dad says. "However, according to Gary, Giovanni didn't use that Pokemon on you..."

"What Pokemon?" I ask, and Serena says, "Gary says that he has never seen a Pokemon like that before, it is wearing armor and is pure evil."

"I see..." I frown while I'm trying to get out of bed, "How long have I been sleeping?"

"You've slept for 3 hours." Yellow says. "But there is also a slight problem..."

"What do you mean by that?" I ask.

Misty frowns, "My sister called me that the Cerulean City's Nurse Joy has gone missing, and there is a great storm happening at the river that leads to Cerulean Cave."

"We're going to investigate what's going on, are you going to come?" Brock asks.

"Of course, this is getting suspicious." I mutter. My dad is a little hesitant of letting me get off the bed, but he still lets me go with the others.

Once we arrive at Cerulean City, there is a great storm that might be stronger than a typhoon. But we still decide to enter the Cerulean Cave by surfing on Gyarados and Blastoise.

Once we enter the cave, we are surprised to see a woman walking towards us. "My compliments on your arrival."

Suddenly, Brock says, "I knew it! So it was you after all!"

"What?" The woman asks. Brock says, "You're the Nurse Joy that was missing!"

"Come to think of it, you do look alike." Misty says.

"What are you talking about? I have been a servant here at this place ever since the beginning." The woman says. "Now if you will follow me."

We are confused, this is the Cerulean Cave, right? But it doesn't seem like the caves that we've been to. It seems just like our Rock Manor. And just when we are in some sort of hallway, the woman says, "Thank you for coming. I'd now like to present the world's strongest Pokemon Trainer."

And much to our six's surprise, a Pokemon just appear in front of us. It is a Pokemon that we haven't seen before, but judging by the aura, it seems to be a Psychic Type.

"So, my master is not only the strongest Pokemon Trainer, but also the strongest Pokemon in existence... Mewtwo!" She says.

"Mewtwo?" We gasp a little, it is the name that we learned from the Pokemon Mansion and Dr. Fuji.

"I am the one who chooses my own rules." Suddenly, there is a voice overlapping with the woman's voice, and Brock says, "It's telepathy..."

Then, Mewtwo releases the woman from its power, Brock quickly catches her, and it is revealed that the mystery woman is indeed the missing Nurse Joy.