Chapter 25

After giving the guards the drinks, they let us pass through the gates that block the Saffron City, and then we quickly rush to the Lavender Town as we are going inside the Pokemon Tower.

"So we are going inside to find Mr. Fuji?" Misty asks.

"Of course, we should. He might be still trapped inside and we need to save him." I say.

Just then, Cubone pops out of the Pokeball and she keeps tugging Serena's leg, Serena asks, "You want to go inside as well?" The Cubone nods and then they see a girl approaching them. "Excuse me."

We turn around and recognize the girl as Mr. Fuji's granddaughter. "Can we help you?"

"Is that Cubone the one from the Pokemon Tower?" The girl asks, and Cubone just nods. I say, "We saved her from Team Rocket. Just to make sure, are you Mr. Fuji's granddaughter?"

The girl nods and says, "This Cubone was a part of our Pokemon House, her mother is buried there in the Pokemon Tower."

"What happened?" We all gasp in shock, the girl says, "Team Rocket keeps on going after Marowak so it can sell those skulls they wear for profit...I think Cubone is still looking for its mother, even though she's gone..."

"Is that true?" Serena asks the Cubone with a sad look, and she nods with tears in her eyes. Misty says, "They're so cruel...to think they would harm a Pokemon just to make money..."

The girl says, "It seems like you caught this Cubone?"

"Yes, she wants to come with us after we saved her." Ash says, "And we may think that your grandfather must be inside the tower somewhere. We will help you find him."

The girl nods and she says, "Thank you, and be careful."

As we all enter the Pokemon Tower, we head to the second floor and see someone who we don't like to see. "Hey, Ashy Boy, and his friends as well! What brings you here? Is your Pokémon dead?"

We groan as we can't believe he's here. I say, "Where's your cheerleaders? Sacred to come inside the Pokemon Tower as well?"

Gary decides to ignore my comment and says, "Hey, looks like your Pokemon are alive! I can at least make them faint! Let's go!"

Is he seriously wanting to battle us right here in the Pokemon Tower? Misty has a tick mark and says, "You're here just to battle us? We're here because we have other business to do!"

"And what will it be more important than our battle?" Gary asks.

"Let's see, finding the ghost of Cubone's mother and also the missing Mr. Fuji?" Serena says. "Importantly, we have no time to have a battle with you."

This causes Gary to freeze a little, then his face turns serious and he says, "If that's the case, then let me help you out as well."

"Huh?" This causes confusion to us as Gary says, "You know, maybe the more the merrier."

"Sure, it will be better if you help us." I say and we all head upstairs. When we continue to climb, we see some ghosts floating around near the cemeteries, the girls are trembling in fear and Gary says, "Yikes, no wonder they don't want us to go upstairs, this place sure is haunted."

"It's not helping, Gary." I say while opening the bag and taking out the Silph Scope. "Good thing Gina left this with me. She did use it to make those ghosts into the Ghost Type Pokemon."

Then I use it to make them reveal themselves, and the others can take a breath and continue forward. There are several ghosts who are trying to attack us, but with the help of our Gengar, we manage to defeat them and continue forward. I notice that Gary has an Exeggcute and a Growlithe, not to mention his Abra also evolves into Kadabra.