Chapter 20

After going through the Underground Tunnel to Route 7, we are almost arriving at Celadon City, a place for my fourth gym. We decide to have lunch by making some rice balls, while Serena is playing yarn with Meowsie. Insey says, "Meowsie really likes the yarn ball, doesn't she?"

Serena says, "Yeah, she's so cute when playing with it."

"So how long are we going to reach Celadon?" Yellow asks.

"Celadon is only a day's walk from where we are right now." Brock says. "But right now we should finish these donuts. Jelly flavored are my favorites."

Is he serious? These are Rice balls, not donuts. But I'm too lazy to correct him. Just then, Pikachu notices the bush shaking, and I ask, "What's wrong, Pikachu?"

Just then, a Mankey comes out of the bushes. Serena says, "It's a Mankey!" I decided to check out my Pokedex.

Mankey: The Pig Monkey Pokemon: Fighting Type. Extremely quick to anger. It could be docile one moment then thrashing away the next instant.

The Mankey jumps in front of me since I have a plate of rice balls. He asks, "Can I have one?"

"Of course, you can have one." Then he takes one and jumps onto the rock, eating happily. Yellow says, "Look at how it eats."

"Yeah, Mankey is cute if we don't try to get him angry." Insey says, but just then, Meowsie accidentally throws the yarn ball at Mankey, and Mankey throws the rice ball to protect himself, which also causes the rice ball to fall to the ground.

"Uh oh..." I mutter, and the Mankey is now getting angry.

"Oh no... don't tell me it's going to use Thrash!" Serena gasps, and the Mankey starts to use the move and charge at us.

"Run!" I yell as we all run, Misty yells, "You should have let it finish that rice ball, Ash! Didn't your mother teach you manners?"

"It's not my fault!" I yell back. "I should have made them taste so good! I hope more of the rice balls can make it stop! Brock!"

Brock nods as he tries to throw the rice ball, but it destroys it with its fist. "Oh no! I wasted a donut!"

Then Misty falls to the ground, and we gasp in shock. "Misty!" Insey yells, but Mankey just jumps on Misty's head before trying to punch me. To be honest, I could have just use my Spooky Plate because Thrash is a Normal move, but with Brock and Misty by our side, I couldn't do it. Fortunately, I'm now Level 100...

"Ash! Are you okay?" Seeing how Mankey continues to use Thrash on me, I yell back, "I'm fine! I can take the hits!"

In the end, the Mankey takes my hat and jumps onto the tree. "Hey, my hat!"

"You want it back? Too bad!" Mankey mocks me, and I can feel my anger rising.

"You can get another hat, Ash." Misty tries to reason. "What's so great about that hat?"

"I can't replace that hat! I won it from the Pokemon League Expo! Don't you know how tough it is to get one?" I yell back.

"We know." Insey sighs, "You have to send in a million postcards to get that hat, and you even drag us with it."

"Yeah, poor Ash. Losing an official hat means losing a best friend..." Brock adds.

I decide to climb the tree to reach the Mankey, but he just umps off easily. To make things worse, Team Rocket appears in front of us with their motto again.

"What are you doing here?" I growl.

"Aren't you happy to see us?" Meowth asks.

And just then, Mankey is curious about them as he tries to inspect them, and James says, "Buzz off!"