Chapter 19

We are worried about the Cubone that is abducted by Team Rocket, but they were already gone and probably sent it to the boss of Team Rocket. So at Route 8, we decide to take a rest.

And when we're camping out tonight, I feel weird as I accidentally ruined my dinner by pouring too many peppers, and I fell down and accidentally grabbed Serena's skirt, which caused Misty to slam me with the hammer.

The next morning, Brock asks, "Ash. You have been acting weird since last night in the Pokemon Tower. What is going on?"

"I want to know about it as well." I reply back.

"What if you've been cursed by the Titan Gengar? It's still not entirely clear what Gengar is, but it might even curse its own trainer, gradually weaken them, until finally...!" Serena gasps.

Insey and I sigh as we know Serena has a bad habit of saying such things. But when I accidentally step into the hole, I decide to yell, "It's no big deal! This will all go away with some physical activity!"

"Brother/Ash! Wait up!" Yellow, Insey, and Serena chase after me, and I continue to run until I bump into a trainer.

"Ow...I'm sorry..." I apologize, and the boy says, "Hey, watch out!"

A girl comes to the boy and asks, "What's up? Are you still feeling cursed?"

"That was three years ago. I'm as lucky as it gets! There's no stupid curse." The boy says.

"Ash!" The three girls rush up to me, and they hear the boy says, "But it sure was awful back when it was around. I couldn't win any battles, and all my attempts at catching Pokemon failed...I'd fall down the stairs or lose things...I had bad luck with everything I did."

"That's hilarious! That's what we call a curse!" The girl laughs.

"That plague has left me! My luck's perfect now! I swear...I never should have caught that miserable Gengar!" The boy says.

Now I feel angry all of a sudden, and just then, the Gengar comes out of my shadow and launches a Shadow Ball at its former Trainer, narrowly missing him.

"W-what? No way!" The girl says.

"Did that Gengar just come out from your shadow?" Yellow asks. "That might have explained the bad luck you've been having since the Pokemon Tower."

"But this one is not the Titan Gengar that we faced...when did it get into your shadow?" Insey asks.

"But we have to stop it." I say as I rush forward. "Stop it, Gengar, that's your trainer, right?"

Gengar just keeps throwing Shadow Balls, and Ash says, "Pikachu! Electro Web!"

Gengar is furious that Pikachu is blocking the attacks, "Out of my way!" He yells.

"Gengar! You have to calm down!" I try to reason to him. Serena turns to the boy and says, "That Gengar was yours, right? You should listen to..."

But Gengar prepares to lash its former Trainer with a large Shadow Ball. "Stay away! Nothing but trouble comes my way when you're around!" The boy yells. "I've had enough of you!"

This causes us to be angry and Yellow yells, "You're so mean!"

"Shut up!" The boy says as he starts to run away with his girlfriend.

"Gengar..." I turn to the Pokemon, who is furious as it disappears. Serena says, "Being abandoned by its trainer must've been shocking."

"Guys!" Misty and Brock manage to catch up to us, and Brock asks, "What's going on here?"

We decide to explain the Gengar to them, and they are furious. "To think the trainer abandoned it because of bad luck. How dare he..." Misty yells.

"Yeah, right now we need to find the Gengar." I add.