Chapter 37

That night, I'm in the hot spring with Brock by my side, the others are in the female area. I am thinking about the answer until a door opens and the fence blocks the male and female get off.

"Hey! What's the big idea?" I yell, Insey says, "Looks like we found a hidden door!"

After changing back into our clothes, we decide to walk into the hidden door, and it is going hotter. But just as I try to open the door, the door is extremely hot. It is then the door opens and reveals a battlefield.

"Blaine's gym... so it's in a volcano?" I gasp.

"I guess you solve my riddle." Blaine appears and says, "I'm Blaine, the red-hot Gym Leader here! My fiery Pokémon are all rough and ready with intense heat! They incinerate all challengers! Hah! Hope you brought some Burn Heals!"

Blaine sends out his first Pokemon, which is an Arcanine. I send out Gyarados as my first Pokemon, with the Intimidate, it lowers Arcanine's attack. Arcanine goes for Extreme Speed, which hits the Pokemon.

"That sure is a speedy dog." I sigh, "Gyarados, use Aqua Tail."

Gyarados lands the attack on the Pokemon, as it gets knocked back to the wall. But Arcanine gets back up as it uses Outrage, and Gyarados use the Dragon Rage to stop it. In the end, both Pokemon faint after the Outrage manages to go through and the fact that Gyarados uses Bite at the same time.

Blaine sends out a Ninetales as his next Pokemon, and I go with Rhyhorn. Serena flinches as the Rhyhorn is turning to her. I say, "Rhyhorn, we're having a battle right now."

He turns back to the battlefield and it goes with Rock Throw, while Ninetales uses Flamethrower to break into pieces and hits Rhyhorn. Thanks to his drought ability, he fires a powerful Solar Beam, Rhyhorn dodges it by using Take Down, and it hits Ninetales. Ninetales then uses Confuse Ray, making Rhyhorn confused and spraying Water Gun everywhere, Ash calls him a lot of times, then it regains its senses and evolves into Rhydon. Blaine is shocked that Rhyhorn evolves, but he just laughs and continues the battle by using Fire Spin, Rhydon uses Horn Attack to defeat him.

Rhydon: The Drill Pokemon: Ground and Rock Type. Evolved from Rhyhorn at LV:42. Protected by an armor-like hide, it is capable of living in molten lava of 3,600 degrees.

"You have done pretty well, now, Rapidash, you're next." Blaine tosses another Pokeball, Rapidash appears on the field, it knocks out Rhydon with Double Kick and Flame Charge.

"Aerodactyl! I chose you!" I choose Aerodactyl next, Blaine is amazed to see the fossil Pokemon, he calls Rapidash to use Take Down, which is not very effective, Aerodactyl uses Rock Slide to hurt Rapidash, due to the drought, he also fires a Solar Beam and gives serious damage to Aerodactyl. Aerodactyl uses Stone Edge and Aerial Ace to give serious damage, Rapidash uses Smart Strike to hit it, but it is ended when Aerodactyl grabs him and knocks him out with a Crunch.

"You've done really well to defeat three of my Pokemon. However, this Pokemon is too hot to battle, because it burns everything to ash! Here is my final Pokemon, Magmar!" Blaine calls out his fourth Pokemon.

Magmar manages to get Aerodactyl confused, and then it lands the Thunder Punch, knocking the Pokemon out.

"Charizard! I choose you!" This causes everyone to gasp in shock, just as they thought. Charizard refuses to battle.

"Looks like you're going to lose the match. "Magmar, use Fire Blast!" But just as he is about to attack, Charizard just flies to the nearby rock to sleep.

"Give me a break, Charizard. You're not going to make me lose a gym battle, will you?" Charizard just yawns, and before the referee can actually declare me lose the battle, Team Rocket appears and they are trying to steal the Magmar.