Chapter 32

Now we're going to the Saffron City Gym, we meet a man who stops and says, "If you try to enter the Pokemon League, young man, this is one gym that I suggest you stay away from."

"Yeah, no. We've already faced Sabrina before and she's not going to scare us." I say. "Despite her being a Team Rocket member and the one who gave us a lot of trouble in Silph Co."

"So you're the ones who stopped Team Rocket in Silph Co." The man says, and we are confused. We sit at the bench and the man says, "You see, Sabrina isn't always like this. When she was very young, she was very obsessed with her psychic powers."

When we look at the man, he also has some strong psychic powers. I ask, "Why are you telling us this? Are you... perhaps Sabrina's father?"

He is surprised at first, but then he nods, "Yes." He takes out the picture and says, "Sabrina's powers only grow stronger, and people start to fear her for her powers. The only one who isn't scared of her powers is the boss of Team Rocket, Giovanni. And because of him, she started to enjoy harming people for their goals. They were also married and even had a son. As her parents, we tried to help her, but in the end, my wife was turned into a doll because of her powers, I escaped like a coward."

We feel bad for him, and Misty says, "You said your wife turned into a doll... how are we going to get her free?"

"The only way to free her is by defeating Sabrina. However, nobody was able to defeat Sabrina since then..."

After hearing the story, I say, "I see... I have a grudge against Sabrina because how she was the one who kidnapped my Mom and made her a famous assassin in Team Rocket. I'm going to defeat her."

Then we bid the man farewell and enter the gym. We are surprised to see the place empty but with lights. The guide says, "Surprised by all the glitz and glam? Saffron City is the biggest city in Kanto, and its Gym gets its fair share of challengers, too!"

"But none of them are able to win against her..." Yellow says. The guide adds, "The Gym Leader Sabrina here uses Psychic power to perplex your Pokemon. Fighting Type Pokemon are especially weak against Psychic Type moves. They'll get destroyed before they can even aim a punch."

Then they notice a teleporter as they step inside, then they are teleported to another room, they also see more teleporters and Serena says, "I see...so the Gym Mission is that we need to find the correct path to Sabrina."

"Yeah, let's say that we go this one first." I say as we step inside one of the panels, and then they end up in the room with a Psychic Trainer named Johan. "Are you scared of psychics that use unseen power?"

"I mean, not really." I shrug. Then he sends out Slowbro and Kadabra to battle him, due to the fact that I don't have any Dark Type Pokemon yet, I use Electrode on the Slowbro and Scyther on the Kadabra, knocking them out. "I never foresaw this..." The trainer groans as we go into the next teleporter.

"When they go into the panel, we are now back at the trainer, Misty asks, "Did we just go on a loop?"

"But we know that there is only one that we haven't try it out." Serena says as we enter the third panel in the room, and then we get to another trainer, which is a Channeler named Stacy. "You...must be a lost trainer!"

"Well, we did get lost at first, but we will go through it without any problem." I say as the Channeler sends out two Haunters, which surprises us since they are not Psychic Type Pokemon. But I have the help of Gyarados and Golbat to knock them out with bites and crunches. "Lost and yet so strong..."

We get into another panel and then this time we get to an Ace Trainer named Amanda. "Sabrina is younger than me...but she has earned my respect!"

"Oh really?" I am skeptical about what she said as she sends out a Jynx. Flareon is the one to battle this time, and its Will-o-Wisp manages to burn the opponent and then defeats it with the Flamethrower. "Regrettably, I was lost."