Chapter 16

When we arrive at Diglett's Cave, we feel an earthquake as we fall to the ground. Misty asks, "I wonder what that was?"

"It's over there." Insey says as we rush to what the commotion is. And we find out that there are lots of trucks moving to a construction site. And the trucks suddenly bend over and create a giant crash.

"What's going on?" Yellow asks.

"That's terrible!" Brock says.

Just then, we hear voices and then a Diglett pops in front of us. "A Diglett, we're close to the Diglett's Cave after all." Serena says.

A worker yells, "I can't stand Diglett anymore!"

We decide to check out what's the man's problem. I ask, "Are you alright?"

"It's the Diglett! They're destroying everything!" The man yells.

"But those Diglett are cute..." Before Insey can finish, the man yells, "You think they're cute, do you? Thanks to them we can't finish building that den! I hate Diglett!"

So they're trying to build a den, and I remember that we can see Diglett's movements from the upturned earth. It turns out that the earth is covered by concrete, but if we look closely, we can see movement in the form of small quakes and cracks.

"We even created a special division to create a strategy to fight off the Diglett. We're calling the real Pokemon Trainers to help us get rid of the Diglett! The reward of a six-night, seven-day-long stay at the Giva hot springs resort."

And at the same time, Gary Oak appears with buses of trainers. I say, "Really? You haven't gone that far ever since we met on S.S. Anne?"

"Well if it isn't Ash and his little friends. Always one step behind of everything, do you?" Gary taunts and Yellow is shocked to see a lot of cheerleaders behind him.

"Where are all the cheerleaders coming from?" Yellow asks.

"They are Gary Oak's personal cheerleader squad. Obviously, we could do the same thing, but we don't want to." Insey sighs.

Then the Forman asks them to chase away the Digletts, and they all leave while Ash and the others stay at the spot. When I notice the same first Diglett that pops in front of us, I decide to ask him.

"Hey, Diglett, can you tell me why are you doing this?"

"They are ruining our territory!" Diglett says. "But we are too nice to stop them."

"I see..." I say, "I don't think building a dam in Diglett's territory is a good idea..."

"So do you think we should persuade them to stop?" Serena asks. "How are we going to stop them?"

"I don't know, but Pokemon should understand..." I say as I turn to the Diglett, "Don't worry, we'll stop them for sure."

When we arrive at where the trainers are, they try to throw Pokeballs, but the Pokemon refuse to come out. Then the Digletts are nice to bring the Pokeballs back to the trainers.

"That sure is a giant pile of Pokeballs. And the Digletts are actually nice." Insey says.

"But what is actually going on here? Why aren't those Pokemon battling the Digletts?" Yellow asks.

"Of course, they don't want to battle the Digletts." I say. Then Gary sees any effort to stop the Diglett as pointless and drives away in his car, before leaving, he still doesn't forget to taunt me.

Then that night, Diglett decides to show us what the other Diglett has been doing. The trainers and the foreman are down in shame, but then Team Rocket comes again.