Chapter 28

Since we're still in Fuchsia City, we decide to go to the Safari Zone. When we notice a bunch of Tauros, I wanted to capture one. But we're stopped by a girl riding a Ponyta.

"This is the Laramie Ranch, where we preserve wild Pokemon. My name is Lara Laramie." The girl says.

After introducing herself, Misty asks, "Isn't it real hot to ride on a Ponyta?"

"I'm not going to worry because Ponyta won't burn anyone who he really trusts." Lara replies.

"That's nice." I try to touch Ponyta, but it immediately burns my hand and I have Wartortle cool it off with the water.

Then we also meet a Dodrio trainer named Dario, who is arrogant and treated them badly. At night, he works with Team Rocket to let her lose, so they throw a Flashbomb, and then the normal Ponyta is scared, causing Lara to fall off and break her arm. Serena is the one who calms the Ponyta down while we rush to Lara.

"Are you alright?" I ask her.

"No...I broke my arm..." Lara curses as she can't attend the race, but when she sees how Serena is handling the Ponyta, she says, "You're good at this."

"My Mom used to be the famous Rhyhorn Racer, so it is easy for me." Serena says.

After getting Lara treated, she mutters, "With my arm like this, I couldn't even partake in the race..."

"Too bad for the Laramie clan..." Yellow frowns.

"I know, how about you ride Ponyta for me, Serena?" This causes her to be surprised. "Me? But won't Ponyta burn me?"

"I'm sure you can do it, please give it a try." Lara says.

Then we help Serena bond with the Ponyta so that she can prepare for the race. I also decide to attend the race so that Serena will be safe with the Ponyta.

At the race, many pairs have entered, and we go through a lot of obstacles, even Team Rocket tries to set up traps to make competitors fail, but they are blasted off again. I ride on my Arcanine, but I decide to give it up when Team Rocket attacks so that Serena can continue the race.

Serena and Dario are the ones in front and Ponyta evolves to give Serena the win. Dario is angry that he lost and tries to attack her with Dodrio, but Rapidash kicks him away and sends him flying.

After we give the cup to Lara since it's her Rapidash that won the race, we bid farewell and continue heading towards the Safari Zone.

While we're still moving, we find a fisherman, who turns out to be the brother of the one that we met in Vermilion City. "I simply like Fishing, and I can't bear to go without doing so. Tell me, do you like to fish?"

"Of course." I say, and much to our delight, we get a Good Rod in the end, which means we can use it to capture new Pokemon. So we decide to get to the pond and find some new Water Types for us to capture.

When we arrive at the pond, Serena fishes out a Poliwag, and she uses Doduo to battle it. Doduo evolves into Dodrio and paralyzes the Poliwag with the Tri Attack, and Serena uses the chance to capture it.

Dodrio: The Triple Bird Pokemon: Normal and Flying Type. Evolve from Dodrio at LV:31. Uses its three brains to execute complex plans. While two heads sleep, one head stays awake.

Poliwag: The Tadpole Pokemon: Water Type. Its newly grown legs prevent it from running. It appears to prefer swimming than trying to stand.

"You're not the only one who got a Poliwag." Misty smiles as she also hugs her own Poliwag. I say, "Good for you."

Then we decide to train the Poliwag until it evolves into Poliwhirl, and by using the Water Stone, we evolve it into a Poliwrath.