Chapter 33

Now that we got the sixth badge, it's time for us to head back to Fuchsia City so we can get to Route 19 and head to Cinnabar Island. On Route 12, we met the final Fishing Guru and he gave us the final rod that we need: The Super Rod.

With the Super Rod and the HM for Fly and Surf, we decide to capture some new friends before continuing our journey to Cinnabar Island. The first location is Cerulean City, we manage to capture a Tentacruel at the pond after surfing, and we're also glad that we don't need to capture a Tentacool an evolve it.

Tentacool: The Jellyfish Pokemon: Water and Poison Type. Drifts in shallow seas. Anglers who hook them by accident are often punished by its stinging acid.

Tentacruel: The Jellyfish Pokemon: Water and Poison Type. Evolved from Tentacool at LV:30. The tentacles are normally kept short. On hunts, they are extended to ensnare and immobilize prey.

As we continue at the beachside, we find a Krabby passing by. "Wow, it's a Krabby!" Serena says, but Krabby pinches her arm, causing her to yelp in pain.

"Serena!" I yell while throwing the Pokeball, capturing the Krabby and saving her. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." Serena says to me with a smile. "Thanks Ash."

Krabby: The River Crab Pokemon: Water Type. Its pincers are not only powerful weapons, but they are also used for balance when walking sideways.

"But your Krabby looks kinda small, don't you think?" Insey asks.

"Yeah... it sure looks small, but I hope it will become bigger after it evolves." I say.

We decide to train with the Krabby, although it doesn't seem to have any Water moves besides Bubble Beam, its claws really do pack a punch. In the end, Krabby also evolves into a Kingler in the end.

Kingler: The Pincer Pokemon: Water Type. Evolved from Krabby at LV:28. The large pincer has 10000 hp of crushing power. However, its huge size makes it unwieldy to use.

The next Pokemon that we capture is a Psyduck, we finally find one at the beach, and just after we capture the Psyduck, we train it to evolve it into a Golduck.

"I would rather trade my Psyduck for a Golduck like that..." Misty says.

"Sorry, Misty. But Golduck wants to be with us." Serena says as she hugs the Golduck.

Psyduck: The Duck Pokemon: Water Type. While lulling its enemies with its vacant look, this wily Pokémon will use psychokinetic powers.

Golduck: The Duck Pokemon: Water Type. Evolved from Psyduck at LV:33. Often seen swimming elegantly by lake shores. It is often mistaken for the Japanese monster, Kappa.

The next location for us is Route 6, and we found a Shellder. Misty wants to capture it, so Brock suggests that we throw it at the same time to see who gets captured. In the end, my Pokeball was the one that caught the Shellder. Despite Misty's whining, she knows that a loss is a loss. After that, we use a Water Stone to evolve it into a Cloyster.

Shellder: The Bivalve Pokemon: Water Type. Its hard shell repels any kind of attack. It is vulnerable only when its shell is open.

Cloyster: The Bivalve Pokemon: Water and Ice Type. Evolved from Shellder with a Water Stone: When attacked, it launches its horns in quick volleys. Its innards have never been seen.

Right now we're at Route 10's Pokemon Center, Pikachu has become faint and sparks are coming out of his cheeks. "Oh no, Pikachu!" I yell in horror. And since it is already nighttime, Nurse Joy scolded us for being too loud, and we decide to let her see what happened to Pikachu.