Chapter 50

When we arrive at the Pokemon Tower, we find Gina, Leaf, and Mom there. I ask, "What are you guys doing here?"

My Mom says, "Oh. Ash, Serena, Yellow, Misty, Brock. I assume you already beat Bruno?"

"Yeah, we're going to face Agatha." I say. "But you still haven't answered my question."

"We're showing Leaf our sister Golly's grave." Gina frowns. "She has to know what happened to her."

Leaf says, "I can't believe it is such a sad story... to think Team Rocket killed her..."

"Yeah, but we're not sure if we get our revenge because Giovanni is still alive despite we've already defeated him." I say.

Then we all head inside the Pokemon Tower, after praying for Golly's soul, we hear a voice that belongs to an elderly woman.

"Well Aurora, it is quite weird to see you here." The woman is Agatha, who walks towards us. My Mom says, "Ms. Agatha. What a surprise."

"Wait, so she's Agatha?" Yellow asks.

"Of course." I say. "Ms. Agatha. I want to challenge you for the Elite Four battle."

"Oh? Ash. It is a pleasure to meet you, I heard that you have won against both Lorelei and Bruno. You did a great job as those two are not that easy to beat."

"Thanks?" I say.

"I hear Oak's taken a lot of interest in you, child. That old duff was once tough and handsome. But that was decades ago. He's a shadow of his former self. Now he just wants to fiddle with his Pokédex. He's a fool."

"He is not a fool." I retort. "There is nothing wrong with doing it."

"Pokémon are for battling! Ash! I'll show you how a real Trainer battles!" Agatha says.

Then we are taken to the battlefield, and she sends out her first Pokemon, which is a Haunter.

"Go, Raticate." I decide to go with the mouse Pokemon. Raticate uses Crunch, but it is dodged quickly.

"Mean Look." Agatha says as Haunter is preventing Raticate to escape. "And then use Curse."

Damn it... I know that Raticate is a Normal Type, but Curse is one of the special Ghost moves that affect Normal Types. And it is losing a lot of health.

"Foresight!" I decide to make Haunter visible so that normal moves can attack it, and then I decide to finish with the Hyper Fang.

"That sure is expected." Agatha says as she sends out Golbat next.

"Return, Golbat!" I decide to go with Jynx next. Serena says, "Good, it is an Ice and Psychic Type Pokemon, it can do a lot of damage to Golbat."

Jynx starts off with Screech, which lowers the defense of Golbat. It prepares the Blizzard, but Golbat manages to dodge the attack without any problem.

"Use Crunch." Golbat gives a hard bite at the Jynx, which causes some pain to the Pokemon. Then it keeps using Wing Attack to damage the Pokemon.

"Wait and then use Lovely Kiss." The attack manages to hit Golbat, causing it to fall asleep, and with the Psychic attack, Golbat is out of the game.

"Arbok, you are going next." Agatha sends out her third Pokemon, and she says, "Use Glare on that Jynx."

I widen my eyes as Jynx is paralyzed, then it is defeated thanks to the Crunch attack. I sigh and say, "This sure is really tough."

I decide to go with Sandslash. It uses Gyro Ball, which is effective but not much.

"Wrap!" Sandslash is being trapped by the Pokemon. "Sandslash! Get out of there with Gyro Ball!"