Chapter 40

After heading back to Pallet Town, we are surprised to see more people waiting for them: My whole family, Lillie, and Alice are also there.

"Ash! You're back!" Suddenly, I feel every one of my brothers and sisters crushing me. "Woah... calm down guys, I can't breathe if you do this."

Serena greets Lillie and Alice and Serena says, "Lillie! Alice! How are you guys?"

Lillie says, "I finished the test and I'm going to get the trainer's license next month! That means I'm going to travel with Ash through the Johto Region."

Alice says, "Good for you guys, I still have to wait for half a month, but Sakura is getting a lot of customers and my family has been busy."

"How about you introduce us to your friends?" Our eldest brother Dia says.

Since they already know Palmer and Gina, I decide to introduce Dia, Mark, Minami, and Trenor to the others as my siblings. I also introduce Misty, Brock, and even Yellow to them."

"So you say that Yellow here can manipulate Aura as well?" Mark asks.

"That's awesome! Maybe she can train with us as well." Lillie says.

"And we also heard that you manage to win against Giovanni, the one who killed Golly." Trenor says to me, and I frown, "But they still escaped, and that's a problem."

Minami notices Meowsie and Pikachu as she says, "They must be your Pokemon, they are so cute!"

Pikachu and Meowsie really like the attention, and I say, "Yeah. Pikachu is my starter Pokemon, while Meowsie is given to us from the Day Care."

My Dad says, "Everyone. Remember that Ash here has gone through a life-or-death situation, make sure not to harm him so much."

"I'm already fine, Dad." I say. "How about we all go to Professor Oak's lab?"

We all head to Professor Oak's Lab, but before Professor Oak can greet us, his attention is now on Misty's Togepi. Then he says, "You're not the only Pokemon Trainer that has come today."

And much to our dismay, Gary is also in the lab. "I'm not surprised that you showed up late, I'm surprised that you show up at all."

"Excuse me, you were there when you see me battling against Team Rocket's boss!" I say.

"All of you are Pallet Town's top trainers, so why don't you guys get along?" Professor Oak asks.

"With his attitude?" Mark asks as we all nod the same thing. It seems that without his cheerleaders, we have the upper hand of people this time. Daisy also comes with tea and says, "Welcome back, Ash."

Professor Oak says, "I heard from Daisy that you also helped her find the five Titan Pokemon, I really thank you for helping her out."

"It's fine, she did give me something in return." I say.

"You know, Ash? How about we have a battle? As a warm-up for the Pokemon League." Gary says.

"You're on!" I grin.

After getting outside of the battlefield, we're using a full six-on-six team, with his first Pokemon being Pidgeot, I use Pikachu to battle, and it defeats the Pidgeot with the Thunderbolt after a series of attacks. Gary sends out Rhyhorn next, using the Earthquake to knock out the mouse Pokemon, so I send out his next Pokemon, which is a Cloyster, with the Clamp attack and the fact that it manages to protect itself from the Rock Blast and the Earthquake, Rhyhorn is defeated.

Gary's third Pokemon is Exeggcute, with the Barrage and the Razor Leaf, Cloyster is defeated, so I send out Charla as his third Pokemon. Gary is surprised to see me using a tough Pokemon, but in the end, Charizard uses Heat Wave to knock out the Exeggcute. Blastoise is next, and I know that it is Gary's starter Pokemon. Blastoise uses the Hydro Pump to knock out Charla, and I'm not happy that his starter Pokemon loses to it. So I use Victreebel, and it uses Leaf Storm to knock out the Blastoise.