Chapter 9

In Route 24, Ash and his friends arrive at the unsanctioned gym with 98 wins and 0 losses. Insey wanted to challenge it with Paras, but she lost against the leader AJ. They also know that AJ's harsh training with his Pokemon. But Team Rocket tries to steal his Sandslash, and thanks to Ash and the others, they are blasting off again. Then AJ and Ash made a promise to face in the league.

Then they discover a bunch of prep-school kids bullying a classmate named Joe. They're all students at Pokémon Technical Institute, which offers classes that allow trainers to enter the Pokémon League without getting badges. They soon meet the leader of the school, a conceited girl named Giselle. Serena challenges her to a battle using Pikachu against her Cubone, and she won, in the end, to prove all of them wrong.

"Great... we're lost again." Misty mutters as they are now wandering inside a forest.

"Don't worry, I think this way will lead us back to the path." Serena says.

"That's what you said an hour ago." Misty mutters. "I'm tired. I told you that we should have taken the main road, and you just have to take a shortcut!"

"Hey, it was you who said to go this way." Insey says.

"Ha! If I was leading, we wouldn't get lost like this!" Misty retorts back.

"Chill guys!" Ash says. "We don't need another argument. We're only going this way because you want to get to the S.S Anne and we have to find a guy named Bill for the tickets. So before we get to the cottage, let's stop fighting okay?"

The two girls say nothing, but as they take a rest, they see Oddish drinking water.

"I'll catch it!" Serena says, but Misty says, "Hold on!"

"Now what?" Serena asks.

"Since it is nearby the water and water is my specialty, I get the first shot at it."

"That's not a Water Type Pokemon, you know." Serena mutters, "But fine, I doubt you will be able to capture it safely."

Misty sends Starmie to use Water Gun and then Tackle to knock it out.

Ash then and Insey notice a Pokemon hiding in the bushes. Ash asks, "What is that?" Insey replies, "No idea."

"Go! Pokeball!" Misty tries to throw the Pokeball, but it Is deflected by the shadow from the bushes, which turns out to be a Bulbasaur.

"I can't believe it... a Bulbasaur in the wild?" Yellow asks in surprise.

"Go away! Humans!" He threatens while he stands in front of Oddish. Ash tries to negotiate as he says, "Wait, Bulbasaur! We didn't mean to hurt it." Pikachu is trying to say the same thing. Only to have Bulbasaur quickly fire an Energy Ball and run off with Oddish.

"It ran off." Misty says in a depressed tone.

"I think that Bulbasaur has something terrible happened to him, or else he wouldn't be overprotective," Ash says to Serena, Yellow, and Insey.

"Should we investigate?" Serena asks.

"I think there is no reason not to." Insey says.

When the six of them arrive at the rope bridge, Ash quickly stops them and says, "Wait."

"What's the matter?" Yellow asks.

"Pidgey, use Gust!" After throwing the Pokeball, Pidgey appears and uses the attack, and the bridge was ripped apart.

"Judging by the bridge, it was a trap made to stop someone from getting over to the other side." Ash says.

He takes out a rope and throws it over to the other side. Ash moves alone to the other side and then fixes the bridge.