Chapter 5

Hope you like this story so far...

Donnie's pov-

I stood up all night working on my new invention. I called it the Turtle Cloak. It's basically a watch that makes a mutant look human. I was so busy doing my work I didn't hear Leo come in.
"Look who's up," he said
"Yup," I said," Hey can you hand me that screw next to you?" I held out my hand and felt him hand me my tiny screw.
"What are you working on?" he asked.
"Um a watch that makes you look human."
"How long have you been up?"
"... All night." I could tell he's giving me a concern look.
"Don I'm glad your up and running, but you need sleep." He pulled me from my chair and more or less pushed me out.
"Hey! I'm almost done!" I protest, trying to get back to my lab.
"You could finish later. You're going to eat breakfast and go straight to bed."
He pulled me into the kitchen where Mikey and Raph were.
"Hey! Donnie's up!" Mikey said happily.
"Hey," I said tiredly.
"Geez Don you look like you haven't slept for a week," Raph said.
"I'm fine," I said more towards Leo.
"Just eat," Leo said while rolling his eyes. And that's exactly what I did. I chowed down my food and went back to my lab. After two hours I finished my new watch. I couldn't brag about it, though, because I fell asleep.

CJ pov-

I woke up with Max licking my face.
"Go away," I said while pushing him in the face.

You need to get up.

"Give me five more minutes," I mumbled.

Up. Now, he demanded.

"Ugh fine." I rolled out of bed and got ready for my 'fun filled' day. I'm about to walk out when I see Max dragging my backpack.
"Thanks," I said as I opened the door. I leave the door opened just a crack so Max can leave the house if he wants to. I pull my beanie from the coat hanger and put it on. Well time for school...

I get to the school feeling cold. The weather out side sucks. Nothing but the cold wind. I walk in and went straight to my lab/room. I learned not to take your time walking because if you do someone's invention will come flying at you. As I get to my lab I see my best friend Ben, or as I call him Benny. He looks young with his orange hair, bright eyes, and freckles. And yes he knows my secret. He accidentally found out because he saw me turned wolf to defend myself from thugs. He didn't tell me right away, but when he did he said he wouldn't tell a soul. He also said he found it cool I was a mutant. And that's why we're best friends.
"Good morning Benny," I say to him.
"Hey," he said sleepily.
"What's wrong with you?"
"My coffee machine broke so I didn't *yawn* get my morning coffee."
"Well I need you wake today." We came up with an idea to make a formula that speeds up the process of plants. They'll grow within minutes and be ready to eat.
"By the way I brought the cobalt chemical. The thing you've been asking for," he said while reaching into his back pack.
"Yes! Now we can finally move on with our nerdy lives!" I cheered. We needed cobalt for the projected and every day Ben would forget to bring it. We worked all day hoping the formula would worked. After a million tries and tons of experiments on plants I called it a night.
"So early," Ben said with an eyebrow raised," It's barely 6:30."
"Yeah well I have to be somewhere at 7:30 and I don't want to be late." I answered.
"What is it?"
"Um.. I'm meeting a friend at the park. I haven't seen him in ages so I want to get there early," I lied. I didn't want him to know I was meeting a mysteries person. He won't let me go. He's very protective over me. His face turned sad as soon as I said 'him'. I gave him a small smile.
"Relax," I said," How about this? I'll come back to school tomorrow with vanilla coffee since your machine is broken. Does that make you feel better?" A small smile played in this face.
"Ok." With that I packed my things and left....

When I got home I saw Max waiting for me at the door. He was sleeping so I tipped toed all the way up stairs and got ready. I wondered every now and than if my mysteries hero would even show up. That would suck if he didn't. Or at least to me it would. Why? I don't really know. It's something about him that would make me sad if I didn't see him.....wait what.

I know this story is short and fast pace, but I still hope you guys like it ~Jocelyn