Chapter 9.

Enjoy.

~

Prod

The funeral and get togethers had been about a week ago. It all still felt like a dream but I had to move on with my life. Sitting in the house all day, crying wasn't going to pay the bills and take care of my son.

Christian still asked questions but he had gotten used to the fact that his mother was never at the house, simply because he didn't know what was going on but then again, my mom always said kids know more than we think.

Roc had suggested that I get out the house for today, to get some air and clear my mind. We were still looking for Lucas, the other man involved but we were taking a break from what I did to Antoine.

I dropped Christian off at YN's mother's house, making my way to pick up Ray. Once I picked him up, we were on our way to the mall.

"What you tryna buy?" Ray asked, in the passenger seat. He was messing around with his phone, half listening.

"Shoes, I guess."

We arrived at the mall, parking. We walked through the front doors, our ears instantly filled with distant voices, children's laughter, and other noises you hear at the mall. We walked to Footlocker. Once inside, Ray and I went our separate ways in the store looking for shoes.

I glanced around the store, finding a familiar face that caught my eye. It was the girl from the park, the day I went with Christian. She was out of her gym clothes, wearing a causal outfit that hugged her shaped body perfectly. Once she saw me, she approached me, with a smile on her face.

"Hey again." She giggled.

"Hey."

"Where's your partner in crime?" She asked, sliding her phone in her back pocket. "He's with his grandma today. I had to get out the house." I said.

"I know what you mean. I've been working non stop all this week. I needed a break." She said, sighing lightly.

I nodded. Maybe I should ask her out or something. I mean, I did need time out of the house and it wouldn't hurt to get to know her.

"We should go out sometime. Get to know each other." I said, smiling lightly. "Sure. I'd love to go out with you..." She trailed, waiting for my name.

"Craig." I said. "Well, I'd love to go out with you Craig. By the way, I'm Kelsey." She smiled.

"Nice to meet you." I said.

She pulled her phone out, "What's your number?" She handed me her phone, allowing me to put my information in her contacts. Once I finished, I handed it back to her.

"This Friday?" I asked. She smiled at me, "Of course." She said.

We talked a little more until she got a called, causing her to gather her things and leave. She left out the store, with Ray approaching me.

"Who was that?" He asked, a small smirk on his face. "This girl I met." I said.

"She was cute. You get her number?" He asked, looking toward the door.

I felt guilty as soon as the words came out of his mouth. I felt like I was betraying YN.. Like I was cheating on her. She was still my wife and I still loved and missed her.. But I also wanted to get to know Kelsey more.

"She got mine. We're going somewhere on Friday." I said, casually.

"Man, I'm happy for you. You do what you gotta do." He smiled.

We searched around some more, looking for more things to buy. We left afterwards, going back to my car.

I started it up, pulling off. Ray looked over at me, then straight ahead.

"Prod.." He trailed.

I glanced over at him, "Yeah?"

He sighed heavily, "You think we'll get busted by the cops?" He asked, looking at me. I was uneasy with his question.

I shook my head, "I don't know, man. I-I don't think Jacob would let that happen." He smacked his lips, "Man, Jacob is one guy! There's a whole team of cops, that-that could be looking for us if this gets out! I can't go to jail! You saw what happened to my brother, Prod."

He was right. If someone notices that Antoine is missing, then I'm pretty sure somebody will find him in his house, deceased.

"Ray, just stop thinking about it! Okay? We're not going to jail! Just chill. We'll be okay." I said.

I pulled up to his house, stopping the car. He sighed looking over at me, "Prod, you the odds. He'll be missing and they'll trace him back to what happened to YN!"

"Don't bring it up! Okay? Ray, trust me!" I yelled.

"Trust is what got us in this fucked up situation!" Ray yelled. He opened my car door, "Im just saying.. Just think about it before we go after the second guy. We can't risk it." He sighed, stepping out of my car, closing it. I sighed, pulling off.

Maybe he was right. Maybe, we shouldn't go after the second guy but I feel like I need to for YN.

~

Thanks for reading! 5+ votes for the next chapter! Vote, follow and comment! Comments make me happy :) lol so comment! Tell me what you think.

- McKenzie.