Chapter 27.

Thanks for continuing to read this wack story. I love y'all so much! Thanks for everything; voting, commenting and following me! Gracias muchisimo!

Enjoy.

{I'm also writing the rest of this story with No POV.}

~

It was time.

These few words determined wether or not they'd be free or inmates.

Craig was so nervous that he could feel his body go numb. He was actually kind of glad that Chres wasn't there because if they were guilty he wouldn't handle that well. Craig could hear his heart beat in his ears, his hands were sweating and his mouth was dry. He swore he could have cried in any moment, matter of fact just beg for forgiveness. Thoughts of Christian floated his mind. He felt so bad for being a terrible father to his son. All he wanted to do was teach his son how to become a man but he wasn't sure if he would get that chance.

"In the murder trial of Mr. Antoine Jacobs.."

"We find Rayan D. Lopez guilty of manslaughter which convicts him up to 15 years in the state prison."

Rayan's whole face went pale when the judge announced it. He wanted it all to be a joke, a dream or something but it wasn't. His mother started crying instantly while his younger brother comforted her in the stands.

"We find Chresanto L. August guilty of first degree murder which convicts him of life without parol."

Craig lowered his head. He knew exactly what was coming. His mother and Kelsey instantly when that was announced; they knew what was to come.

"We find Craig T. Crippen guilty of first degree murder which convicts him of life with the chance of parol."

Tears ran down Craig's face as he shook his head. Tobi sighed heavily, shocked at the results.

"I also remove parental custody from Mr. Crippen involving his son. He will be placed for adoption.."

"What?!" Craig yelled.

Craig's mother stood up, "Your honor, I'm his grandmother! He can stay with me! There's no need for that!"

"Order in the court! He will be put in a foster home and--"

"You can't fucking do this! My son is all I have! Don't take my son! Please!" Craig begged.

"Order in the courtroom! The decision has already been made." The judge growled. "He will be retrieved in two days from social services."

Craig stood up to be pulled away by guards as they dragged him out of the room, he continued to yell, "You're not taking my son! He is the only thing I have left! Please! Let him stay with my mother! I beg you! Please!" Craig cried.

"This shit is illegal!" Ray yelled, being instantly pulled my guards as well.

"Guards take them out!" The judge yelled as the guards drug them out of the courtroom.

They were going their old jumpsuits to put on before they got locked into van. Once they finished, they were on their way back to the state jail.

Ray glanced over at Craig, who was crying his eyes out. Out of all the years of knowing each other, Ray had never saw Craig cry so hard. In that moment, Ray understood how much Craig cared for Christian.

"Listen, it's going to be okay man.. We'll get out of this somehow." Ray said.

"I'm so sorry, bro," Craig shook his head, "I swear I didn't mean for all of this to happen. I shouldn't have never gotten y'all involved anyway."

"Remember.. We did it for Ashley.. Even though we didn't catch the other guy, we got one of 'em." Ray said.

Craig instantly thought about Lucas. He never did tell the guys about Kelsey being his sister, mainly because he knew they wouldn't take it well.

Ray sat back against the cold wall of the van and sighed, "Damn man.. 15 years.. I'll be in here for 15 long ass years."

"And me and Chres will be in here until we rot." Craig shook his head.

"Why didn't y'all get manslaughter though?" Ray asked, trying to get Craig's mind off of Christian but it clearly wasn't working.

Craig sighed, taking his free hand and wiping away the tears that fell. He didn't know what to do at this point.. He couldn't do anything. All he could think about was Christian and his family; including his unborn child.

He knew he couldn't be a father in here and that soon enough Christian would be sent off to a new family. He needed someone to do something.. to stop all of this from happening. He knew exactly who to call..

Jacob.

~

10+ votes for next chapter.

NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE SUUUUUUUUPER LONG!

Thanks for reading! Vote, follow and comment! Comments keep me motivated. Tell me what you think.

Sorry this chapter was so short.

- McKenzie.