Chapter 24.

Thanks for reading, loves :)

Enjoy.

~

Ashley

Joshua had been distant ever since he confessed his feelings for me. I still didn't know how to respond to him or talk to him for that matter.

We were sitting in the dark room, quietly. He leaned against the wall while he messed around with his fingers. I sat at the table. I honestly didn't know what to say to him but I guess he did.

"Ashley, I'm sorry." He mumbled.

I turned to face him.

"It's not your fault. I'm the one who should be sorry," I sighed, "and I am. I didn't mean to bring up your past. I'm so sorry."

Joshua ran his hands through his hair as he walked over to the table. I faced him. He ran his tongue over his bottom lip as he looked at me.

"All the stuff I said yesterday.. I-it was true--"

"You don't have to explain yourself. I get it.." I said quietly.

He sighed, "You know you cross over tomorrow.."

I forgot about that. I honestly didn't want to leave. I felt like if I left, I would be leaving my family behind; every memory, every argument, every kiss, hug, smile, cry.. just everything.

And also a close friend.

He continued, "After that.. I'll never see you again.."

He looked at me with hurt in his eyes. It took everything out of me not to cry but then again, I was tried of crying. I sighed deeply as I took his hand into mine.

"Joshua, you're a really sweet guy. You've been with me and taught me a lot of things that I probably wouldn't have learned without you. You've taught me how to move on from the real world," I stopped, clearing my throat, "you're just.. you're perfect."

He started deeply into my dark brown orbs. It was almost like his eyes were begging me to say "I love you" but instead he decided to speak up.

"Listen.. Ashley, why don't we spend the rest of our time sharing happy moments.. We've both been upset these past days and I just want to remember you with a smile on your face." He finished with a smile.

A smile grew on my face as my eyes glanced all over his face.

"Okay." I said quietly.

"Since today is your last day, you know that you can 'show' in front of someone right?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What? I can?"

"Yeah. You can make yourself visible in front of ONE person but that's only if they want to see you." He said.

"Well who wants to see me?" I asked.

He smile while he removed his hands from mine, "You're the only one who knows the answer to that."

What? How could I know? I didn't know! But let's just think.. I couldn't show up in my front of Christian because he's too young to understand what's going on even though I want to see my baby boy before I cross over. I couldn't show up in front of my mom because it would hurt her too much. She's still trying to accept the fact that I'm gone, along with the rest of my family. Maybe I could show up in front of Craig? But he might think he was going crazy from being locked up in Prison. So many choices but I didn't know who to choose.

"What're you thinking about?" Joshua asked me.

"Who do you think I should show up for?" I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair, "because I'm clueless right now."