Chapter 25.

._. Wattpad deleted the original chapter so um yeah....... I'm not very happy.

Enjoy.

~

No POV

Weeks had past from the day Craig saw Ashley again. He felt relieved and better about himself now that he knew Ashley didn't blame him for her death and that she'd love him no matter what. He was a little upset when he saw her with Joshua but then again, he had to remember that she was going to be a better place now and it was time for his life to be determined.

In court.

Before the court time, a guard came up to the cell he and Ray shared and gave them both suits to wear to court. Chresanto didn't have that privilege. Even if he wasn't convicted for the murder, he would still serve time for assault on a police officer. But what they didn't know was he wasn't in jail.. He was in the hospital, holding on to the little life he had left.

Craig walked into the courthouse first to be greeted by his lawyer.

"How you feeling?" Tobi asked.

"I'm nervous." Craig answered. He sighed deeply as his heartbeat raced. "How does my case look?"

"They don't have solid evidence--"

"Wait. What do you mean "solid" evidence. They found evidence?" Craig asked.

"Yes. But it's not traced back to you. So calm down. Just breathe.." Tobi said.

Craig glanced over his shoulder and saw his mom and dad talking amongst themselves.

"I'll be right back." Craig finished.

He walked over to them with a small smile on his face.

"Craig," his mother said as she pulled him into a hug, "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too ma." He mumbled into her shoulder.

His father placed a firm hand on Craig's back. "It's nice to see you son."

Craig released from his mother's grip and looked over at his father, "it's nice to see you too pops."

"What did your lawyer say about the case?" His mom asked.

She was more nervous than him. She didn't want one of her sons locked up in a jail cell for all his life. She wanted him to be happy and live his life and grow old with someone that he loved. She didn't want this for him.

"I can't really speak on it." He lied.

Suddenly, he heard a click clacking of heels. He turned around finding Kelsey walking to him. She looked like she had been crying but she tried to hide her emotion.

"Hey.." Craig trailed as Kelsey fell into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her waist tightly as she nuzzled her face into his shoulder.

"I've missed you so much." She mumbled. He could hear the sadness in her voice and he didn't know wether she had been crying because of him or something else.

He lifted her head to face him. "What's wrong?" He asked as he scanned her face.

"Nothing.." She trailed.

"Kelsey.. Please."

She sighed, her breath shaking, "Lucas.. H-he..." She trailed.

Craig could feel his blood boil at the sound of his name. He knew whatever she was about to say wasn't good news. Her eyes trailed to the ground. With one arm still firm around her waist, he placed his free hand under her chin making then become face to face once again.