Chapter 21.

Lol why y'all picking on Kelsey? She's loyal... Right? ;)

Enjoy loves.

~

Prod

We sat down after the judge called court active. My heart was racing so fast that I thought it would fall out of my chest. I was nervous as hell.

"May the accused rise." The judge called out.

Ray, Chresanto and I all stood up.

"You may be seated." We all sat.

"May the prosecutor rise." The judge called out as a lady with dark brown hair and pale skin stood up. She bowed her head a little sitting down.

(A/N: A prosecutor is the person who appears in court to present the case against the accused. Basically, they're just there to get you in jail. Lol)

"Continue standing. Attorneys, you may rise."

Tobi, Ray's attorney and Chres' attorney stood up. "You may be seated." The judge called.

I sighed as Tobi sat back down. "Stop over thinking." He whispered.

"We are here for the murder of Antoine Jacobs with accused; Rayan D. Lopez, Craig T. Crippen and Chresanto L. August. All Attorneys are present. Court is now in session. Prosecutor state your claim." The judge said.

The lady with the brown hair stood up. "I'm Prosecutor, Jane Adams and I will file the claims against the accused for murder in the first degree." She said, walking to the front of the courtroom.

"Now, Mr. August, I see you have already spent a while in the state prison. Is that correct?" She asked.

"Objection, your honor. She can't ask questions to anyone who isn't on stand." Chresanto's attorney stated.

"Objection failed. Continue your claim." The judge said.

"Is that correct, Mr. August? You did spend a few weeks in Prison?" She asked again.

"Yes." Chres said.

"And why were you arrested?" She asked.

"Your honor! That claim has nothing to do with this case!" Chres' attorney yelled.

"Objection failed! Mr. Robinson, you may remain silent until further notice." The judge said.

Chres' attorney sat back in his seat, sighing. Chres looked directly at Ms. Adams.

Chres sighed, "The cops were beating me, so I handled them." He said.

"Handled them.. Do you have a past history with aggression?" Ms. Adams asked.

"No."

"Hmm, I see. Your honor, I'd like to bring Stacy Simmons to the witness stand."

Stacy was one of Chres' exes. He was with her during highschool but they broke up because they always fought over little stuff. Chres said he regretted being with her because she caused him so much stress.

"Ms. Simmons, you know Mr. August correct?" Ms. Adams asked.

"Yes."

"How do you know him?" Ms. Adams asked.

"Objection! She never referred who she was talking about." Mr. Robinson replied.

"Objection accepted. Ms. Adams, refer to who you are talking about." The judge said.

"Very well, your honor. How do you know Mr. August?" She asked

This went on for hours. She asked Rayan and I questions about our lives growing up. The judge called for a break so we all left the courtroom. I sighed as I walked through the big doors. I saw my parents and Kelsey standing, waiting for me. I walked over to them.