Chapter 28.

Enjoy :)

~

Chresanto sat up in his hospital bed, as he held his side. He was in so much pain from the stitches. He had never got a call from anyone letting him know what his sentence was, so all he could do was wonder.

There was a knock on his door, followed by a short brown skinned nurse entering his room.

"Good morning Mr. August." She smiled.

He groaned,"Good morning."

She rushed over to his side, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "it's just my side.."

"I can call the doctor in and have him take a look.." She trailed as she pointed toward the door.

"I'm fine," he refused, "Can I get some water please?" He asked.

"Sure. I'll be right back." She said as she walked out of the room.

He honestly didn't know what to do with himself. His body hurt all over; he was pretty sure his stitches were ripping, he didn't know where his life stood and he secretly wanted to see Stacy again. He didn't know know why he want to, but he did.

He crawled back into his bed and searched for the TV remote. Once he found it, he switched on the TV, his body froze at what he saw and heard.

"The murder trial of Antoine Jacobs has finally been solved.."

"All three suspects were found guilty.."

The news reporter looked stern and serious as he spoke. The TV suddenly showed an older white man that looked upset.

"It's just sad that we've lost another person in this community. I just hope whoever done did this.. I just hope they pay for it." He spoke.

Suddenly, a lady appeared on the screen. She was a light skinned woman who looked to be Chres' mother's age. At the bottom of the screen it read;

Victim's mother

A chill ran down Chres' spine as he watched her speak.

"I just want my son back," she said as tears fell down her cheeks, "he didn't deserve this.. He didn't. He didn't always make the right decisions but he didn't deserve this.." She cried.

Chres felt his face grow hot. He cleared his throat as he sat back against his pillows. Suddenly, the nurse came back with his water and sat it down on his side table.

"If you need anything else, just let me know. Push that red button right there." She said as she pointed to a red button on the wall next to his bed.

"Okay." He croaked.

She left the room, leaving him in silence. He turned off the TV quickly. He closed his eyes tightly, lifting his head toward the ceiling.

"What the fuck did we do?" He mumbled.

Reality was finally hitting him.. And it was hitting him HARD. He didn't know his sentence but he had an idea of what it was. He just wanted to take back everything that had happened these past months.

Ashley passing.

Killing Antoine.

Just everything.

He kept his eyes closed as he heard his room door open.

Chres.." A voice trailed.

He looked up to find..

"Jacob?" He asked as Jacob walked up to him. "What are you doing here?"

"What happened to you?" Jacob asked as he furrowed his eyebrows.