Chapter 12.

This is short. Blah :/

Enjoy.

~

Ashley

"Joshua, please!" I begged.

I really wanted to see how Craig's date was going but Joshua refused.

"I'm not taking you to stalk your husband while he's on a date!" Joshua argued.

"Do you how bad that sentence sounded? You should really take me! Please! Please! Please!" I begged.

I tried to snap my fingers twice, but nothing happened. I kissed my teeth, crossing my arms, sitting down on the cold dark floor, in this dark room.

"Fine. Come on! But don't get all upset if you see something you don't like!" Joshua said, rolling his eyes, as I ran over to him, grabbing his hand.

His snapped twice. We both were at the restaurant with Craig and his date. She smiled at him, while they talked over dinner.

"She's freaking gorgeous!" I said, a small feel of jealousy running through my body.

Joshua and I stood next to them, while they continued their conversation. "She is though." Joshua said.

"Does she look better than me?" I asked.

"This is not what we came here for! Pay attention!" Joshua urged.

I looked at Craig, he looked so handsome and happy. If only I was the one, causing that smile on his face. I smiled at his happiness.

"Do you think you want kids?" Craig asked his date. They looked like a real couple.

"Yeah. I love kids." She smiled.

He smiled at her, causing her to giggle, "how many are you aiming at?" He asked.

"I don't know. However many I have, will be the answer to your question." She laughed. "What about you? How many kids do you want?" She asked.

"It doesn't matter to me. As long as the person I'm with, has however many kids she wants then I'm good." He smiled.

Do you hear that cracking noise? Yeah, that's my heart. Warm tears fell down my face, as I looked away from them. Joshua glanced over at me, then away but quickly double taking.

"Are you crying?" He asked.

"No." I lied, wiping my eyes.

"You know it's not good to lie when you're on your way to heaven." He said, nudging me with his shoulder.

"Okay, I am. But they're happy tears." I lied again.

Joshua gave me the "why you lying?" Look.

"Okay. They're sad tears! But it doesn't matter okay? Gosh." I huffed, crossing my arms.

The date continued with laughs, smiles and flirting. My heart was shattered but hey, I'm the one who asked to come here, right?

We were suddenly at the beach, walking next to them along the shore. They were holding hands, happy. Joshua looked over at Craig then glanced at me, "You okay?"

"Yeah.. I'm fine." I glanced down at Craig's free hand, then back at him. Joshua nudged me, "Ashley, I--"

"Joshua, I'm okay. I promise." I replied, but I wasn't sure if I was exactly telling the truth.

"This is really beautiful, Craig." His date said, looking up at him.

"You deserve it." He replied, smiling at her. She giggled, "You're sweet."

Joshua rubbed the back of his neck, "You wanna--you wanna leave?" He asked.

He and I both knew what was about to happen. Joshua was trying to protect me but being the stubborn person I am, I wanted to stay. I knew this would hurt me but.. I don't know.

I heard my title come into the conversation. Craig told her that I passed away and she sent her condolences. I didn't know how to feel. Wether to feel happy or sad. I was just mixed.

After a few moments of silence, Craig leaned forward, pressing his lips against hers. Warm tears welled up in my eyes but I refuse to let them fall. Joshua cleared his throat, glancing at the ground. They pulled away, leaving them staring into each other's eyes. The way Craig looked deeply into her eyes.. He'd never looked at me like that.

"Alright, it's time to go." Joshua said, pulling me away from them. By now, my tears were released, rolling down my face.

In an instant, both Joshua and I were back in the dark room. I shouldn't have went or maybe it was good for me, to know that Craig was happy and he had moved on.

But the bad thing was; I didn't want to move on.

~

5+ votes for next chapter!

Thanks for reading! Vote, follow and comment! Comments encourage me to write! So tell me what you think.

- McKenzie.