Chapter 11.

I appreciate everyone who has read, voted or commented on the story. Thank you SO much :) it really makes my day that people read my stories. Thanks!

Enjoy.

~

Prod

I pulled up to Kelsey's house, sighing before I stepped out the car. I really don't understand why I'm so nervous. I walked up to her door, knocking slowly. She took moments to answer but when she did, I was shocked.

She was beautiful.

"Hey." She smiled. I'm pretty sure I was drooling, but her smile brought me back to life.

My eyes wandered all over her, "You look... absolutely beautiful." I smiled. She blushed, "Thank you. You look really handsome, Craig.. Like always." She said.

She was freaking beautiful! Like damn.

"Thanks. Uh, you ready to go?" I asked, holding out my hand for her.

"Yeah." She said, taking my hand. She closed her front door behind her. I led her to the car, opening the door once we got to it. I went along the side of the car, making my way to the drivers side, bitting my bottom lip.

Once I got inside, we were on our way to dinner.

"I've always wanted this kind of car." She said, glancing around.

"A charger?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, as a slight smile grew on my face.

"Yeah. I just think these cars are so cool and they look nice." She said, looking over at me.

"These cars are cool but nah, they don't do good in the snow." I said.

"But you live in California, Craig. There's no snow." She giggled.

"I have family in Philly. It's always hard to drive this car but aye, it rides nice." I said.

We pulled up to the restaurant. I opened up Kelsey's door and we walked inside together. The waitress led us to our seats, while handing us menus.

"So, tell me about yourself." Kelsey said.

"I'm 22, I work for this successful business in law firm. My son is four and his name is Christian." I said.

"Oh, where's his mother?" She asked.

"She's.. Uh-"

"Here are your drinks. Are you ready to order?" The waitress asked, sitting on drinks down and taking out her notepad.

Just in time.

We ordered our food, while taking small sips from our drinks. It was weird being out with a woman other than Ashley. We were together for such a long time, that I forgot how to actually approach a woman and ask her on a date. I missed Ashley so much and I was staring to think that maybe I miss her a little too much, as to why I heard her voice in my head while I was getting ready. Also, when the picture fell but I wasn't worried about it.

After dinner, we went for a walk on the beach. The sun was setting and being with her made the view absolutely better.

She held my hand, as we walked along the shore, letting the water sneak up on us.

"This is really beautiful, Craig." She smiled, looking up at me.

"You deserve it." I replied, making her smile once again. She giggled, "You're sweet."

"That's how I was brought up." I laughed.

"I don't get it. You're handsome, super sweet, fun to be around, laid back and just perfect. Why aren't all the girls running after you?" She asked, glancing up at me.

I sighed, looking toward the horizon. "My wife.." I trailed.

Her eyebrows rose, "Wife?" I could feel a sudden presence on me but once again, I shook it off. "My wife passed away recently.. So, that's one of the reasons why I wasn't out.." I said.

She gasped, "Im so sorry." She looked down at the sand while we walked. "It's not your fault. You didn't know.." I said.

"When did she pass away?" She asked.

"Almost a month ago." I said, bitting my bottom lip. It was weird talking to her about Ashley but I felt like we were getting closer.

"That's terrible. Craig, I'm so sorry. You seem to be taking it well." She said.

I laughed a little, "Trust me, I was way worse. This whole dating thing is all so new to me." I said, shaking my head.

Her grip on my hand tightened, "Im glad you asked me." She smiled.

I looked at her and it seemed like everything around us disappeared. I combed my fingers through her loose hair, pressing my lips against her soft, warm ones. While I feasted on her bottom lip, I felt her arms slide around my neck, pulling me into an embrace. Something about the way our lips moved in sync, made my whole body go numb.

I pulled away slowly, tracing my eyes all over her face. She slowly opened her eyes, her dark orbs staring deep into mine. I snaked my arms around her slim waist, pulling her closer to me. After moments of silent staring, she released me from her embrace.

"It's getting late." She said, softly.

I nodded, in agreement, "Yeah. Lets get you home." I said, intertwining her fingers with mine. We walked slowly to the car, saving every moment.

Once we reached the car, I opened her car door, soon making my way over to the drivers side once again.

The car ride was silent, and I knew that she was thinking about the events that happened today. Everything that I've told her, when we kissed.

My heart felt like it was going to fall out of chest. Soon, a image of Ashley ran through my mind. I know I've said this a lot, but I miss her. I miss her so much. But I would have to eventually let go, to move forward with my life.

We pulled up to her house. Instead of the same door routine, she opened the door herself, walking closely at my side. We stopped at her door, a smile arose on her face.

"I had a really nice time tonight." She said, glancing down at her hands.

"I did too." I said.

"Maybe.. We could do this again sometime?" She asked, nervously.

Hell yeah.

"Yeah. Or course, whenever." I said, grabbing her hands, pulling her closer to me.

A smile grew on her face as I leaned down to level with her. I pressed my lips against hers once again, cupping her face in my hands. She grabbed my shirt, pulling me closer to her. After several moments of pure lust, we both pulled away.

"Goodnight Craig." She said, making her way into her house, slowly.

I stayed until she closed the door, "Goodnight.." I trailed.

I smiled to myself as I made my way to my car.

Tonight was.. perfect.

~

5+ votes for next chapter.

Thanks for reading! Vote, follow and comment! Your comments make me happy! Tell me what you think.

- McKenzie.