Chapter 14.

This chapter might suck butt, but it's a filler and this chapter tells ALOT.

Enjoy.

~

Kelsey

It had been weeks since my date with Craig and I couldn't have been happier. I've been ignoring my brother, Lucas and his constant phone calls but I knew sooner or later, I would have to answer him.

I made my way upstairs to my bedroom, closing the door behind me. I jumped on my bed, taking my ringing phone out of my pocket.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Kelsey, why haven't you been answering the phone?!" My big brother, Lucas yelled through the phone.

"I've been busy! Why are you so pressed?!" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"Because when I call I expect you I answer! Who you been with?" He asked.

"Ugh, you sound just like dad! I'm done talking to you, Lucas." I said.

"Kelsey--" I hung up before he could finish. I knew my brother always wanted to make sure I was okay, but he's been overdoing it ever since someone killed his Bestfriend, Antoine. I know he wants to protect me but I'm 21 years old. I don't need a babysitter.

Knowing my brother, he would show up in a few hours just to check up on me and ask every question in the book about Craig.

I sat my phone on my nightstand and drifted off to sleep.

------

"Kelsey." I heard a voice call out. I slightly opened my eyes, following the voice. My brother, Lucas was walking into my room.

I groaned, "How did you get in here?" I asked, sitting up on my bed.

"Don't worry about all of that." He said. I rubbed my eyes, and stretched. "So, why are you here?"

"Who was the dude you went out with?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Why does it matter?"

"I just wanna know about the kid.. Damn, stop being difficult." He said, leaning against my wall.

This is another thing that gets on my nerves about my brother. He's always in my business! I swear, he gets his overprotective ways from our dad.

I sighed, "His name is Craig.."

"Thats it?" He asked, sarcastically.

"Lucas! Why do you care so much?" I asked, getting irritated. "I just want to know! Damn. I don't want you to be getting with these hood ass niggas out here!" He yelled.

"Trust me, if he was a "hood nigga" I wouldn't have talked to him!" I urged.

"Seems like he is since you so fucking mad." He said.

"He has a kid.. His wife passed away almost a month ago and he's trying to move on.." I trailed.

Lucas furrowed his eyebrows, "Wife? What's her name?" He asked.

"He didn't tell me." I replied.

Lucas kept quiet for several minutes, "you okay?" I asked. He looked like he had something heavy on his mind. I furrowed my eyebrows, waiting for his answer.

"Yeah... Uh, I gotta go." He said, walking out of my room. I jumped off my bed, following him downstairs.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

He ignored me, closing the front door behind him as he left. I was confused. Why was he so pressed of knowing who I went out with? And why did he act like that when we talked about Craig's wife?

It just seemed like Lucas gets jealous every time a man comes into my life. Craig and I aren't even together and my brother is already in my business.

I admit that some of the guys I've talked to in the past weren't decent but I've learned from this mistakes. I'm a big girl, I know what I want in a man now.

I decided to call my Bestfriend, Jade.

"Hello?" She answered.

I walked into the kitchen, "Hey J." I said, walking to the refrigerator.

"How are things with you and your mystery guy, that I haven't met yet?" She asked, I could tell she rolled her eyes.

"J, we're just dating and you'll meet him when the time is right. Okay?" I laughed.

I got a glass out of the cabinet, sitting it on the counter. I walked back to the fridge, grabbing the gallon of orange juice.

"Whatever, I'm just saying. You always saying how he makes you happy! I just wanna meet him and see why." She laughed.

I poured orange juice in my cup, "Hey.. My brother was acting really strange earlier.." I trailed.

"What happened this time?" She asked.

I sighed, "Well, my brother came over and started ambushing me with questions about Craig.."

"Why?" She asked.

"I don't even know! But when I finally told him things about him, he started acting weird and left without saying a word to me!" I said, taking a quick sip of my juice.

"Your brother is weird.. Don't worry about it. He's probably just.. Well, himself." She laughed.

Maybe she was right. But for some reason, I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. My brother has been in an awful lot of trouble before and his trouble continues but I don't know.. Maybe he is just weird.

Hopefully I can shake this weird feeling away though.

~

5+ votes for next chapter!

Thanks for reading! Vote, follow and comment! Comments make my day! Tell me what you think.

- McKenzie.