Home Sweet Home

THEO'S POV:

Me and Crystal were waddling our way to my house, well, Crystal was anyway. She was kind of limping too on one foot. You can't really complain though, as she has many injuries that make her a bit slower. I was trying to stuff my umbrella in my backpack, knowing full well it wouldn't fit but I still tried anyway. It stuck up like a balloon. The sun was blaring on both of us. It hadn't mentioned this on the weather forecast.

Crystal turned her head and looked at what I was doing, occasionally raising an eyebrow, confused on what I was trying to do.

"Do you want me to carry that for you?" she asked me, staring.

I looked back at her, the umbrella still sticking up. It had been raining heavily when I first found her the other day, and now it was really sunny and hot. I was melting in my hoodie. But I didn't want to take it off, for reasons... So I ended up just taking my black jacket off since it attracts heat and shoved it into the backpack.

I then grabbed my umbrella from my bag, tripping but acting like nothing happened. Crystal wheezed beside me.

"You just tripped." she giggled.
"I know."
"That's funny."
"Not." I said.

She chuckled and grabbed the umbrella from me, holding it by her side. I smiled and zipped up my backpack, hurdling it onto my back. My eyes wandered around her, trying not to stare at her.

About 5 minutes later we finally reached my door. I reached into my jogger pockets and searched for my keys blindly. Crystal was staring off into another world.

I stopped searching and retrieved my hand from my pocket, tapping her shoulder lightly. She jumped back into life and her eyes were jittery. She looked at my eyepatch when I spoke.

"Are you.. okay?" I asked.
She nodded.
"You know you don't have to come with me if you don't want to, right?" I said, a bit of a guilty feeling coming over me.
She shook her head and smiled widely. She quickly covered her mouth and stopped smiling. I found it a bit weird but I didn't question it. I dived into my pocket again and grabbed my keys and opened my front door. There my golden retriever, Barney, came rushing to the sound of me coming home. He stopped at the doorway and sniffed Crystal and her hands. Crystal gave him a little pet and he made a happy noise.

We walked into the house and I set down my backpack by the shoe rack. Crystal wondered into the living room and admired my ornaments and furniture. Her eyes glowed. "You have a beautiful home." she mumbled.

I smiled and took my shoes off. She saw me and immediately came running out of the living room. "Sorry! Should I take my shoes off?" she asked worriedly.

I just love her. She's so perfect and polite. I shook my head at her. "No, not if you don't want to, I don't mind." I said, walking into the living room and grabbing the tv remote, sitting down on the sofa as Crystal took her shoes off anyways.

She walked as fast as she could and say a bit of a distance away from me as I turned on the tv. The news was on, boring.

Crystal watched it for a second. I did too. It was talking about some murder that happened yesterday. Some guy called Connor Parkinson had been stabbed to death. I was about to change the channel when I noticed Crystals face, totally observed. She was leaned forward, a shocked look on her face. She was bopping her leg up and down. I raised an eyebrow as I turned to the tv, then back to her.

She spoke at last. "He's dead..?" she whispered.
"What? Do you know him?"
She stayed silent, stuck in her thoughts. She zoned out for a moment before she snapped back into reality again, focusing on the tv almost immediately.
"No." she said plainly, waving it off and telling me to change the channel.

I nodded silently, obeying her and changed the channel, just for Spongebob Squarepants to appear next. Crystal sat in a weird position and ignored the show, she looked at the books on my shelf. Maybe she liked reading.

CRYSTALS POV:

My eyes lingered on the different books. I was wondering whether Theo read manga or not. That's when I saw it. My favourite anime manga, Tokyo Ghoul! And also some of Chainsaw Man and Demon Slayer.

I whipped my head around to see Theo smiling at the Spongebob show. He turned his head to look at me when I tapped him and pointed to the Tokyo Ghoul manga on the shelf. He nodded silently, giving an eye to where I was pointing.

"It's so cool that you read manga, Theo." I blurted out in a rush. "Can I... Can I read it?"

"Oh, yeah, of course you can. Feel free, I have all of them." he said, turning back to the tv.

I stood up and walked over to the bookshelf and maybe looked at some other books as I picked up the 4th Tokyo Ghoul manga book from where I originally left off, aka volume 3, because I didn't have volume 4.

I started reading it and joy filled me.